[SUGGESTION] Bork bork bork - Get us to work!

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[SUGGESTION] Bork bork bork - Get us to work!

Postby JarielEledan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:49 pm

So....I've been doing some thinking after what I proposed for Xenoarch. And I think I came up with an idea that might help.
Mind you, this -would- put more work on the heads, but it'd be a good way to keep people doing stuff!

So. Here's an idea. Have a console in the heads offices to 'Query for centcomm requests'. How would this work?
Theoretically simple: You boop the console, and starts a query. The query generates a message for 'something' centcom needs. Examples:

-A buttload of honey/food/specific food. Put the chef to work.
-Some specific console to secure and build in the shuttle. Circuitry, engineering, etc.
-A whole room! This might work with the holodeck. Build it in a specific holodeck map, change the map, then 'reset' that map if possible if another one is needed. Big for materials/engineering.
-Plants! You can go "We need a mutated 'this' or a specific exotic seed (Say a golden apple)
-Materials themselves aside from phoron!
-A studied, secured and analyzed anomaly!
-A specifically colored slime!
-A bomb that has specific properties!

The list goes on!

Now, considering I'm not sure the system can automatically recognize things that are not phoron/gold or are bolted to the shuttle (Say consoles and such) it might be best to leave the payment/reset mechanics to the same console. The head that issued the request goes in place a, checks what's been built/done, and says "Ok, they did the job well" and everyone gets a credit boost, or "Meh, they messed up" and everyone gets a detraction. (Remember, it's a station-wide effort! No I in team and all of that.)

Another, smaller idea: Would it be possible to have the wood change color depending on the pigmentation of the plant? I mean wood-made artifact and, especially, tiles. And on the same note, give it bioluminescence! Naturally-glowing floors to refit the station! (You can make the plant glowy/coloury!)
JarielEledan

Re: [SUGGESTION] Bork bork bork - Get us to work!

Postby Lobo-Branco » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:40 am

I thought this was already a thing. I remember a round where CentCom asked for about 10 RIPLEYs. Departure area was almost crowded with them.

if this is not a thing yet, it should be!
Daniel Barrett

Lobo-Branco

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting