Suggestion: Mangled Language

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Suggestion: Mangled Language

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Basically, a character knows a language... except that their knowledge of said language is basically "really cheap traveller's phrasebook made by asshole who hates people". Or they're actually usin' one.

Example, you're a human that knows "mangled" Siik'Maas. A Tajaran engineer attempts ta tell you something in Siik'Maas. What they say:

"The supermatter is going to explode!"

What you hear could range from:

"Meow yowlmatpurr is mrowlng emrrrrrrr!"

ta

"I want chicken I want liver!"

Confused/amused/incensed, ya consult yer memory/book and attempt ta reply in their language. What the Tajaran hears could range anywhere from:

"Fhat sis mau ray?"

ta

"Please direct me to district of loose moral females."

Codewise, this could be somethin' that could randomly replace/add/drop random sequences of letters, words, or even choose from a list of hilarious phrases. Imagine the delicious miscommunication that could result from this.

EDIT: Gameplay and/or lore-wise, this could also be used ta limit people who shouldn't be actually able ta speak a language, say, a tajaran tryin' ta whistle robo-speak.
ArgobargSoup

Re: Suggestion: Mangled Language

Postby Schlippy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 pm

THIS! ALL OF THIS! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Schlippy

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting