Returned (Species idea, up for discussion, Temp name)

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Would this be a issue?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Yes
33%
No
33%
I don't care
33%

Total votes : 6

Returned (Species idea, up for discussion, Temp name)

Postby SilverTalismen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:08 pm

A plasma contaminated species that have for all intents and purposes died and through the medical and scientific experimentation with solid and liquid Plasma, resulting in the death of many test subjects when used for medical application, But days after these considered failures, the subjects revived much to the shock of the researchers and medical staff, Medical staff examining them proclaimed them deceased still, with incredibly high levels of phoron in their systems and partial decay had settled in, affecting their bodies in a new way, while preserving their decease organs their brains suffered from the damage of their death reduced their mental facilities, and in some a loss of memory entirely, Their bodies stuck in the inbetween of decay and living their movement swere declared as 'slow but not Diona slow'

Pros:
Higher brute resistance
No pain (But possibly messages that generate "You've been hit" when struck
no toxin damage
No oxy damage
(The higher brute resistence and no oxy loss won't mean you will be able to tank space since your bones will still break and it will still kill you)

Cons:
Only move abit faster than diona
Very weak to fire and burn damage
Going too long for food turns speech into gibberish as food sustains your brain functions

Neutrals
A possibly bite function that, does only three brute but when done on a aggresive grab living mob/player gives them abit of nutrition and with how quickly you would recover from such a low amount of damage you couldn't kill someone with it
Going too hungry for too long could give you bacl "You hunger" messages
They have a dark purple blood that could be flammable due to the phoron in it but wouldn't be airborn or burn for long so it won't be used for griefing
Losing limbs could let you simply reattach them by burning them on with a welder or cautery, but when lost will have a message "The decay has set in" so other players couldn't use it but maybe you could?}

This species could be used by players for making a undead esque race, either for the RP and unique characters, or those with a different taste for things

This is all just conjecture,id eas ive put together and will add and remove things as this goes along
Last edited by SilverTalismen on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverTalismen

Re: Returned (Species idea, up for discussion)

Postby Aces » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Really not interested in this to be honest.
Aces

Re: Returned (Species idea, up for discussion)

Postby SilverTalismen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:23 pm

I know, I just put this up because it was something I was interested in and thought that those that would want a undead character could use this rather than be stuck with a character that claims to be undead but is human and alive still
SilverTalismen

Re: Returned (Species idea, up for discussion, Temp name)

Postby Serkii » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:24 pm

My issue with this is just that it seems like a lot of work for something too niche, I don't see a lot of demand for this kind of thing.
Serkii

Postby SilverTalismen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Serkii wrote:My issue with this is just that it seems like a lot of work for something too niche, I don't see a lot of demand for this kind of thing.

This race could act atleast for a base for undead characters, especially with the mentions of passive genetic powers or something along those lines i've been hearing?
SilverTalismen

Postby Scree » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:30 am

The genetic traits thing is gonna be templates that can apply to any race.

Either way this isn't pirates of the virgo sector cursed gold station necromorph whatever, what's actually animating them? "plasma" seems like a cop-out and in all honesty I'm worried that this'd go the way of the skelememes.
Scree

Postby SilverTalismen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Scree wrote:The genetic traits thing is gonna be templates that can apply to any race.

Either way this isn't pirates of the virgo sector cursed gold station necromorph whatever, what's actually animating them? "plasma" seems like a cop-out and in all honesty I'm worried that this'd go the way of the skelememes.

Well plasma is whatiwa s told would work, since my original idea was redspace energies, But I was told that using thatwo uld make people think of the murderous deadly monsters that redspace has, it was ecven suggested that I try to establishan ew (instert some color) space, but I wasn't sure I coulddothat , I would go with it being parasitic or viral, but again, that wouldn't fit here
SilverTalismen

Postby Aces » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:27 pm

As I said in private, Redspace is even worse! It's terribly forced. Redspace is fluffed as a realm of its own--a different plane of existence with its own laws of physics, like Bluespace, which we can mess with sometimes. It has so far nothing to do with resurrecting people from the dead. I don't want Redspace to always be a magic McGuffin for us doing things that should otherwise be straight up magic bullshit. :\ I've scolded numerous players for abusing Redspace for bullshit powers on their characters and at least one case where someone was playing a literal undead kept alive by Redspace. Making up more space types is just horrid writing and a complete cop-out.

I am really, really not keen on the idea of undead characters in SS13 that aren't directly associated with cultists or wizards. It just doesn't make sense, and that's quite a stretch to go for me to say that, because there's a lot that we allow.

If you're going to make something you need to explain how it works in a way that's believable. Not say, "Plasma mutations, fuck it" and be done with it. That accounts for absolutely nothing about how plasma/phoron actually works in the lore already. It'd be like if I took kyber crystals from Star Wars and suddenly said they can power a new type of hyperdrive.
Aces

Postby Scree » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Also when it comes to other space types, I think of "redspace" and "bluespace" in the same terms of red shift and blue shift - they're two different directions along an axis. There's no such thing as green shift or pink shift or yellow shift or whatever.

In other words, red/blue space are stuff that happens in two different directions on some dimensional axis but to explain further I'd have to get into n-dimensional string theory and I've not had nearly enough coffee for that shit.
Scree

Postby Serkii » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:40 pm

SilverTalismen wrote:
Serkii wrote:My issue with this is just that it seems like a lot of work for something too niche, I don't see a lot of demand for this kind of thing.

This race could act atleast for a base for undead characters, especially with the mentions of passive genetic powers or something along those lines i've been hearing?

I'm arguing that undead as a whole are rather niche though, maybe I'm just biased but this is a vore RP server and undead are kind of gross.
Serkii

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting