Returned (Species idea, up for discussion, Temp name)

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Would this be a issue?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Yes
33%
No
33%
I don't care
33%

Total votes : 6

Re: Returned (Species idea, up for discussion, Temp name)

Postby Tasald » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:44 pm

Don't tell arbon that serkii. Also, to add appoint to the "niche" thing, who cares? If it's something enough people in the community want and it doesn't break the game when "responsible" players use it, then why can't we fill a spot for people that want to play a "zombie". Personally, I really dislike even the idea of synths, but I can play with them and stuff because I know they're good people, same goes for the undead, sure I think they should be in the ground and not out makeing the floors slick with their "shedings", but this is a fantisy setting where people can experience other things they've never know, or, they can just say no and not get involved with those kinds of rps. Unless the, impare brain functions, is going to be an abused thing to go feral and just random Nom on people then I don't see a problem with any niche being filled. How ever, background and michanics are not something I am good at so, there's still the need for those to get fined tuned I believe.
Tasald

Postby Serkii » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:07 pm

Niche means that there isn't much demand.
Serkii

Postby Tasald » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:11 am

Again, so? If it's possiable to do it, maybe not now, but later on then why not? It gives those few people something that the ll enjoy. If it's "only" one person then I don't see it happening, that and I think the poll could be reworded to something like, "do you want to have an undead race in game?" Or something. Again, I personally don't like the thought, but I can't find any justifiable reason not to other then the how they are made, and why well... Actually, the why could be because of the hole, some, oh what are they called, share holder, wanted more "verity" in the station population or something? Idk necrophilia or something e.e weh
Tasald

Postby jemli » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm against it if only because there isn't really much of a way to have an undead race, where corpses are moving around again and the like, without pretty much portraying it as magic, which would really be against the basic theme of the station where magic is just really advanced technologies using red/blue space.
jemli

Postby Arbon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:52 pm

If you want to have an undead skeletal race in a fantasy setting its mind numbingly easy, just go the biological route. Make them not actually undead but rather have a hard, bony exoskeleton set up as armor around their form, with slimmed down internal organs so they look very thin despite wearing bone "armor" instead of skin. They'll look like skeletons from the outside, but they're powered by the same standard biology as other standard life forms. Done.
Arbon

Postby Scree » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Arbon wrote:If you want to have an undead skeletal race in a fantasy setting its mind numbingly easy, just go the biological route. Make them not actually undead but rather have a hard, bony exoskeleton set up as armor around their form, with slimmed down internal organs so they look very thin despite wearing bone "armor" instead of skin. They'll look like skeletons from the outside, but they're powered by the same standard biology as other standard life forms. Done.

SKELETOIDS

Scree

Postby Aces » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Aces

Postby Scree » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:26 pm

From X-Com Apocalypse. They're the second type of tool-using alien you run into after the Anthropods.
Scree

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting