Lore behind Daemon

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Lore behind Daemon

Postby somekindofpony » Mon May 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Boom. Let's start this, demon players. Demons characters by nature, seem to always have an unavoidable edge at some point, I'm super guilty of this. What should we even think of for our universal demon's language lore?
somekindofpony

Re: Lore behind Daemon

Postby BotsMackenzie » Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 pm

the language is named for it's originator, Matthew "Matt" Daemon.
Don't smile because it's over, cry because it happened. - Paul Simon
BotsMackenzie

Postby Aethirshero » Mon May 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Not sure if Heather really counts toward this, but I've always played her as a hybrid between a race of succubi-like aliens and a human. Not really a demon, but sharing many characteristics of them.
Aethirshero

Postby Zael553 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:13 pm

A little headcanon of mine is that either a full bloodied demon taught a human that (may or may not be from NT) and the language spread from there or the hybrids brought it with them and taught other races it for easier communication. Somewhere along these lines.
Zael553

Postby Curien » Mon May 23, 2016 3:19 pm

I think once you start including creatures from real world theologies things can get a little messy, that being said, we all know magic, demons and other supernatural entities exist in the world of SS13 so there's no reason why demons and angels wouldn't exist. It'd be nice to slap a vaguely scifi backstory onto them and say they from "An alternate dimension" or some other spacey nonsense like an alien race that the myths are based on.

I actually have a demon character and I'm a little non committed as to his origins, purposely making is vague whether he's an actual supernatural being or if he's just some nutter with a bunch of cybernetic and genetic modifications.

Personally, I like the idea that angels and demons are just aliens who have, at some point in human history, made contact with the people of earth and ended up integrated as part of the various faiths and religions that feature such creatures.
Curien

Postby somekindofpony » Mon May 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Curien wrote:I actually have a demon character and I'm a little non committed as to his origins, purposely making is vague whether he's an actual supernatural being or if he's just some nutter with a bunch of cybernetic and genetic modifications.

This is how I feel too. While I adore the idea of super natural things that shouldn't exist, but somehow do, I also love leaving the vaguest possibility that my demon is a mentally handicapped tumblrist of the future.
somekindofpony

Postby Zael553 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Redspace. Let's blame demons on Redspace.
Zael553

Postby somekindofpony » Mon May 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Zael553 wrote:Redspace. Let's blame demons on Redspace.

While we're at it, build a wall. And make them pay for it.
somekindofpony

Postby BotsMackenzie » Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm

language invented by spooky ghouls, sounds like ambient halloween noises, and was taught to the demons when they fled human space.

The ghouls have long since died out
Don't smile because it's over, cry because it happened. - Paul Simon
BotsMackenzie

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Wed May 25, 2016 5:55 pm

See these already existing threads:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=320
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=553
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting