New Map Medbay Alterations

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

New Map Medbay Alterations

Postby HethDrakiel » Sat May 21, 2016 6:55 am

Considering the changeover and some aspects of the new map being a bit annoying and/or not sensible, I figure maybe a topic for specific department alterations would be a good idea for the people who primarily do those jobs.

My personal suggestions for medbay changes, if possible, involve a few minor things that border on nitpicking

1) The Cloning Pod should be closer to cryo cells so people can get back to optimal status faster
2) The morgue almost needs to be downsized, it is unnecessarily big, possibly have some cryo cells placed in the northern part of it so that clones can be healed up faster
3) I'd like the Chem masters, or just the chemistry stations in general, moved closer to the storage fridge so there's less walking back and forth to move the chems to storage

if any other medbay 'mains' have more suggestions, or would like to dispute some, this topic (is intened) for general discussion of Medbay's new layout

(if there's a better spot/preferred spot to suggest changes, I will re-post this there if needed)
HethDrakiel

Re: New Map Medbay Alterations

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat May 21, 2016 4:07 pm

I'll have to check it out first.

Edit: Hopped on for a short time last night. I like the new lab setup, more room, and the vendor is only a couple tiles walk away from the chem master. I've yet to check the morgue, but I can agree on the cryo cell placement. If there was a dedicated "cloning" cryo cell, leaving 1 for cloned patients and 2 for everything else, that would be handy.

Also, since chem storage is now accessible from the lobby, is there a way to determine who actually has access? It raises a few concerns over the HoS deciding to steal chems from storage because "I have access though, so it's okay." On the previous map, HoS had pretty much all-access in Medical. Has that changed?
Wickedtemp

Postby somekindofpony » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:Also, since chem storage is now accessible from the lobby, is there a way to determine who actually has access? It raises a few concerns over the HoS deciding to steal chems from storage because "I have access though, so it's okay." On the previous map, HoS had pretty much all-access in Medical. Has that changed?

I'd imagine booping the HoS should get them to stop. Or maybe start handing out job bans to abusive players.
somekindofpony

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon May 23, 2016 10:31 pm

somekindofpony wrote:
Wickedtemp wrote:Also, since chem storage is now accessible from the lobby, is there a way to determine who actually has access? It raises a few concerns over the HoS deciding to steal chems from storage because "I have access though, so it's okay." On the previous map, HoS had pretty much all-access in Medical. Has that changed?

I'd imagine booping the HoS should get them to stop. Or maybe start handing out job bans to abusive players.

Bringing it up will normally put a stop to it. But on the old map, chances are, they'd get caught. Now? The vendor is in the lobby, if someone isn't in reception, it'd take no time at all to raid the storage. They could likely do it without being seen.

Put the chem vendor somewhere else in Chemistry, where it's not accessible by literally everybody. All it would take is any random assistant with a toolbox and now the chems are gone.
Wickedtemp

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting