The risk of allowing admins who will only be on to bannu.

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: The risk of allowing admins who will only be on to bannu

Postby Aces » Sun May 08, 2016 2:20 pm

antsnap2 wrote:
Aces wrote:Not always, no. If they are still able and available to jump in-server and respond to problems, they should be allowed to do so. I see no purpose in strictly keeping admins and developers separate like other communities since all this ever seems to do is create unnecessary conflict.

Death of Baystation was due in part to this right? Coders had a bunch of features but admins/bosses wanted them implemented slowly with this insane development schedule. Least we have Polaris though.

Yea, which is why I'm not doing that. Baystation was too strict and kept its admins and coders separate strictly, which created a massive disconnect between what was wanted and what was feasible. I don't want to deal with that fucking mess, so I don't strictly separate them. Any time we do recruit an official developer who is NOT an admin such as Leshana or Cameron, we invite them to partake in admin discussion groups.
Aces

Re: The risk of allowing admins who will only be on to bannu

Postby Scree » Sun May 08, 2016 6:07 pm

/tg/ has had similar dramaschisms in the past over "separation of server and coders" shit, it's generally a bad idea.
Scree

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting