Ideas for new holodeck simulations

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Ideas for new holodeck simulations

Postby antsnap2 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:45 am

Howdy,

So right now the holodeck has neat fight sims and some sceneic stuff like beach and winter. Picnic is also nice for creative vore scenes.

I was thinking we could add more. The holodeck has a lot of potential. Some ideas that could appeal to certain fetishes.

1. A small city/town for rampage RP
Many people into vore also have size related fetishes. It would be nice to have a fake small little city/town that could be be demolished (sprites would change from buildings/houses to wrecked buildings/houses). Maybe by walking over, or by right clicking and choosing your means of destruction. It would be neat if it also had static sprites of little dots to represent fake people that could be nommed via right clicking.

2. Belly
Just make the floor have the stomach tiles. The only issue with this is, obviously, it would make the holodeck very popular.

3. Torture/BDSM room
The current real one is out of the way and requires selecting certain jobs to get to. Those with the related fetishes are relatively rare, so it shouldn't overcrowd the holodeck.

Thoughts and ideas?
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Re: Ideas for new holodeck simulations

Postby Wickedtemp » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 pm

I can get behind this. Though I rarely use the holodeck during higher-population rounds since its consistently in use, tinted and bolted down. And then the people having the scene in there both go SSD so it never gets unbolted ;w;
Wickedtemp

Postby rikaru19 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:I can get behind this. Though I rarely use the holodeck during higher-population rounds since its consistently in use, tinted and bolted down. And then the people having the scene in there both go SSD so it never gets unbolted ;w;

...could just hack and unbolt that way after loocing first just to be safe, so you can just cryo the SSD people and free up the deck.
rikaru19

Postby antsnap2 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:46 pm

rikaru19 wrote:
Wickedtemp wrote:I can get behind this. Though I rarely use the holodeck during higher-population rounds since its consistently in use, tinted and bolted down. And then the people having the scene in there both go SSD so it never gets unbolted ;w;

...could just hack and unbolt that way after loocing first just to be safe, so you can just cryo the SSD people and free up the deck.

Yeah but if you are wrong it becomes a huge shebang. Spam looc near there first and get admin permission.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby Wickedtemp » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:25 pm

rikaru19 wrote:

I normally play as Tempest, and that'd just be out of hir character. But yeah, when someone's done that in the sub-acutes in Medbay, I normally announce hir intention to come inside and check in ten minutes, and then repeat it a few times, then in ten minutes shi checks to see who's inside if shi doesn't get a response. But that's cause shi's normally the CMO so shi normally has authority over the department. Otherwise, shi doesn't really do anything.
Wickedtemp

Postby rikaru19 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:28 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:
rikaru19 wrote:

I normally play as Tempest, and that'd just be out of hir character. But yeah, when someone's done that in the sub-acutes in Medbay, I normally announce hir intention to come inside and check in ten minutes, and then repeat it a few times, then in ten minutes shi checks to see who's inside if shi doesn't get a response. But that's cause shi's normally the CMO so shi normally has authority over the department. Otherwise, shi doesn't really do anything.

Point about the IC issue... Reika doesn't hack much either, but if people are hogging the holodeck and SSDing in there when I'm Iris, it's likely to get hacked for numerous important reasons ICly.

Of course I'd ask an admin first though.
rikaru19

Postby ChirpGoesTheBird » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 pm

I really like the ideas, the only real problem with the torture/BDSM room and the belly are that you could potentially expose people to fetishes/scenes that they don't really want to see. But that's a petty qualm in comparison to to how much fun it could potentially be.
(I also want to kind of hijack this to DEMAND A SECOND OR THIRD HOLODECK, GOOD GOLLY PEOPLE COME ON.)
But I support the idea. More settings for the holodeck sounds nice, even though I don't use it.
The second most chirpiest around.
ChirpGoesTheBird

Postby Arbon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:54 pm

I really, really like the idea of holographic play buildings. Especially if walking over them as normal or larger makes them immediately crumple apart into a 'destroyed rubble' sprite, while small people bounce off them, and tiny people can walk inside (mechanically, under) said building. Have "roads" between each that are a single square wide, and a lot of games could be made out of that.
Arbon

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:48 pm

ChirpGoesTheBird wrote:I really like the ideas, the only real problem with the torture/BDSM room and the belly are that you could potentially expose people to fetishes/scenes that they don't really want to see.

The holodeck can be tinted and bolted to avoid such things :3
Wickedtemp

Postby SilverTalismen » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:37 pm

If this is still up can we also add combat scenario where you can fight holographic enemies in specific locations or something
SilverTalismen

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting