Protection from digestion

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Protection from digestion

Postby arokha » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:57 am

I want to code in protection from digestion. Probably via the 'bio' value on armor. But that leaves a few questions as to how it could be done:

Only damage limbs without 100% bio protection? (so wearing a full spacesuit or RIG would generally protect you)

Should armor slowly be reduced in effective protection?

Should damage to limbs with less than 100% bio protection be proportional to how much protection there is? (aka if they have 75% bio protection, only do 25% normal digestion damage to that limb)

It's really a question of... do you want this as a feature (I think Ace does so it might get added anyway :P) and whether or not you think the armor should degrade. Or if only some types should. Or whatever.
arokha

Re: Protection from digestion

Postby Mech__Warrior » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm for it. I don't really have much more to add to this topic.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:09 pm

I think it could be interesting and would have nothing against it. We could possibly have the bio suits perform rather well against digestion, and could even make a fluff reason that that's actually their purpose onboard the station (and virology/science of course).
Wickedtemp

Postby Scree » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Are biosuits unacidable? I know last time Scree stood too close to a polyacid grenade, a message came up saying his suit protected him from it.
Scree

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Scree wrote:Are biosuits unacidable? I know last time Scree stood too close to a polyacid grenade, a message came up saying his suit protected him from it.

No clue. If they aren't, you could make them resist acid because BIOHAZARD... And everybody knows the only real biohazards around Virgo are the crew members themselves and also xenobiology and xenobotany.
Wickedtemp

Postby Vorrarkul » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 pm

I once roleplayed surviving a... feral, predator via wearing a biosuit. It was during an attempt at a virology event with a vore virus that made people hungry. My character being ever rational, donned a biosuit to try and protect herself, stolen from xenobio. It was ultimately ineffective at stopping the disease, but it did (via roleplay) shield her from gurgles.

So in short, I'm all for it. I have to say I'm against it degrading, however.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Daisy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:41 pm

If vore mobs ever becomes a thing, I'd be all for it. Create a mess of voracious monsters, explore their digestive system in the name of science! Maybe make a skin-tight version of a bio suit specifically built for this sort of thing in mind.
Daisy

Postby Mech__Warrior » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:41 am

Scree wrote:Are biosuits unacidable? I know last time Scree stood too close to a polyacid grenade, a message came up saying his suit protected him from it.

I think we need to test this as well. I might have a reason for it.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Postby Aces » Sun May 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Go for the simple method. If a suit provides 100 bio protection it ALREADY covers everything.

To achieve that, you need a sealed suit (70) and a helmet (30). There's no other legitimate way to get 100 bio protection.
Aces

Postby antsnap2 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:44 am

I'm for this.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting