Give Chemistry a Way to Get Rezadone

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Give Chemistry a Way to Get Rezadone

Postby Wickedtemp » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:46 pm

This is being discussed in the skype chat currently. Right now, there's no reliable, consistent way to get rezadone. Without space carp, all that's left -to my knowledge- would be silver slimes, which I am told have a 1/100 chance of dropping a carp fillet or something to that effect, and MAYBE xeno flora could produce a plant that has rezadone in it.

But this is an ERP server and it's rare to see either of those departments doing anything other than messing around or attempting to create the perfect biological super weapon. Which is understandable because grinding away in order to appease Medical is probably boring.

So, here's what I'm asking for. You know all of those dylovene and inaprovaline bottles that are shoved into every nook and cranny of Medbay? Replace one or two of those with bottles of rezadone. Or have 1-2 bottles of rezadone in cloning, or by the cryo cells, or in the vendors, or in chemistry, SOMEWHERE. Because otherwise we're permanently stuck with cryo cells as a means to heal genetic damage. And if the power goes out, we're stuck with the ol' shower trick as a replacement for cryo.

Since there's literally no reliable, consistent way to get this chemical, and given that it can be fairly useful at times, I'd ask that medical has a small amount supplied at round-start. Because the only other way we can get it is if we enslave the xenobiologist and force them to work for three hours or so, making nothing but silver slimes and hoping for that 1/100 chance.
Wickedtemp

Re: Give Chemistry a Way to Get Rezadone

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:13 pm

Bumping this cause it's been a few days.
Wickedtemp

Postby antsnap2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:58 pm

I'm all for it.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:43 pm

antsnap2 wrote:I'm all for it.

Since I have little to no idea as to what the coding would be for this, I figured I might as well ask. What would this actually require, coding wise, in order to place a couple of bottles in Cloning or maybe put 1 bottle in each vendor?
Wickedtemp

Postby Aces » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:40 pm

The solution is you get carp. You do this by working together with Xenobiology to spawn hostile mobs from gold slimes.

You can't do everything on your own and getting xenobio to do it isn't as hard as it sounds.

That being said one of the Z-levels I was designing as a gateway mission is meant to feature a carp fishing ground.
Aces

Postby Scree » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Get the AI to turn off the holodeck safeties and turn on the wildlife simulator while the security team stand by with an armory's worth of laser cannons and line up like it's the battle of rourke's drift :D

edit: hell, just build a laser turret and leave the room. Carp won't attack if there's nobody in LOS and the turret will just blast 'em.
Scree

Postby Aces » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Scree wrote:Get the AI to turn off the holodeck safeties and turn on the wildlife simulator while the security team stand by with an armory's worth of laser cannons and line up like it's the battle of rourke's drift :D

I don't think that works lol.
Aces

Postby Wickedtemp » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:06 pm

See, what normally happens from my experience, is that I'll ask Xenobio... And then they say something among the lines of "Too much work/Too dangerous/Someone might die."

So... Yeah.
Wickedtemp

Postby Aces » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:See, what normally happens from my experience, is that I'll ask Xenobio... And then they say something among the lines of "Too much work/Too dangerous/Someone might die."

So... Yeah.

So pester the RD, then the Captain. :D
Aces

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:25 am

Mh... honestly that amount of work isn't worth it. It's a chem that honestly won't see much use, and right now the only way to get it is to jump through hoops with xenobio and the RD, and even then the potential risk outweighs the potential gains. IE, they're working with dangerous slimes to begin with, then transforming those already dangerous mobs into actual hostile mobs, over and over again, in hopes that one of them is a carp.

I'm asking for a consistent, reliable source, and I've suggested several. This not only depends on whether or not we have xenobiologists, but also whether or not we have a xenobiologist willing to do this, scientists or security willing to gun down whatever hostile mob spawns, and an RD and Captain willing to authorize it. Too many variables for too little gain.

And it will have to be repeated. Every shift with Tempest in Medical.

Edit: Some more suggestions... Have carp fillets orderable from cargo. Or replace the carpotoxin in the chem recipe with slime jelly. Or just have it made by mixing Ryetalyn, phoron, and some other common reagents. Have one bottle spawn in Cloning by default. Have it available in the vendors. I mean, I'm more than willing to compromise in order for a reliable way of getting this chem.
Wickedtemp

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting