Adding Music to JukeBox

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Adding Music to JukeBox

Postby Smdytb1 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:58 am

At-least add some variety to the music in the jukebox. I mean, there's space.... space... songs about space. space themed songs. SPAAAAAACE.
But not a single track off the normal theme.
Now, i know. this seems crazy right? Adding music Not related to space? (besides part A. since well, its overplayed in clubs) I must be crazy or something!

"But gee golly Where are you going to find all that music to fill up the jukebox!" Well I'll tell ya.
ModFiles
ModFiles
MODFILES

You know. the seemingly obsolete form of media which is screaming to be heard again once more? yes, that one. the one Byond will happily take without any
sort of torture.
[+]
Well, Some torture.

However, some of these ModFiles are so large (some total in the 4-15 minute range) We'd have to compress them anyways.
To .OGG , And some of them are so large. they have to be compressed down to.... .OGG(0)

Well, It has 20views. not such a popular idea then. Anyways, here are some modfiles i have found THIS LIST UPDATES OVER TIME
Album 1 Contains all 18+3 songs above
Album 2 Contains 18 more songs not posted above.
If your download has an .exe in it, It is not from Mediafire. please delete the file and try the link again.
Last edited by Smdytb1 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
Smdytb1

Re: Adding Music to JukeBox

Postby bigfurry7 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:13 pm

If not the JukeBox, maybe getting a option on an PDA or a separate item (Laptop or MP3 maybe) would be awesome to have. Maybe call it the Vpod or something.
bigfurry7

Postby Smdytb1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:52 pm

bigfurry7 wrote:If not the JukeBox, maybe getting a option on an PDA or a separate item (Laptop or MP3 maybe) would be awesome to have. Maybe call it the Vpod or something.

Probably add a search function and pages if there is enough songs to constitute one.
And the Vpod sounds nice. might want to also add an upgrade disc for jukeboxes to replace their GUI with the MP3. even updating their sprite to a modern stereo would be a nice addition.
Smdytb1

Postby Aces » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:19 pm

You guys fail to realize just how much longer that adding music causes server load-time to be. I don't want to add much more music.
Aces

Postby Smdytb1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:50 am

Can somebody please lock this? This is pretty much ancient.
Smdytb1

Postby Aces » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:02 am

Smdytb1 wrote:Can somebody please lock this? This is pretty much ancient.

Aces wrote:You guys fail to realize just how much longer that adding music causes server load-time to be. I don't want to add much more music.
Aces

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting