(Suggestion) Ready characters start scanned

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: (Suggestion) Ready characters start scanned

Postby Dhaeleena » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:13 pm

I don't support pre-scans, in any case make it a checkbox on character screen, cuz i dont get scans, i never do, i dont like getting scans, so why would i have to wait until the round has already started, probably also lose the job position i want, just to not be scanned at round start? I dont like that idea too much unless is a totally optional thing.
And yea , chemistry uses a big chunk of time if you are doing a GOOD stock of things...then about the biomass i really dont care, i just call for an assistant over the radio to help wich makes things easier and you get to talk to someone and show them how to make biomass too. Than about making heads spawn with a death implant...yeah no. It's their choice if they want that...they are all already getting a loyalty thing forced into their heads already.

About the suit sensors...please just, put them back on random, this default OFF is so annoying, 3/4 of the crew doesn't care about suit sensors at all, srly, i have seen like 5 suit sensors ON once and when i said "Please remember suit sensors" 2 of those 5 turned them off >:/

And to scree, i think the 'nudity permit' being changed to a bracelet is cool. Thats all :3
Dhaeleena

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 pm

Pretty sure the nudity permit does have sensors though? It gives the option to toggle them when right-clicked.

I stand in support of suit sensors staying off by default because, although petty a reason, I'd prefer not to have to manually set my suit sensors to off.

I explicitly do not want a cloning integrity limit. It puts an annoying damper on those of us who have the patience slash desire to get eaten and cloned that many times. It really hinders one's ability to be a kinky fuck for no real purpose.
Ophélie Sauveterre - Ainslie Grześkiewicz - Cathode - Venus Rhys
Slayerhero90

Postby Wickedtemp » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Pretty sure the nudity permit does have sensors though? It gives the option to toggle them when right-clicked.

I stand in support of suit sensors staying off by default because, although petty a reason, I'd prefer not to have to manually set my suit sensors to off.

I explicitly do not want a cloning integrity limit. It puts an annoying damper on those of us who have the patience slash desire to get eaten and cloned that many times. It really hinders one's ability to be a kinky fuck for no real purpose.

They DO have sensors, but an admin (I believe it was Demi, could be wrong) said something among the lines of "Nudity permits do NOT have sensors, they're literally just a bloody piece of paper."

Personally, I think that's dumb because the permits DO have them, mechanically. But you're supposed to PRETEND they don't.
Wickedtemp

Postby rikaru19 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:48 am

Yeah it was Demi, and honestly I facepalmed when I saw Demi going and saying that because... seriously, the shit's the point of the permit if you have no sensors?

Then again I've never used it or likely will, so meh.
rikaru19

Postby orbisa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:38 am

to be fair, if you wanted to modify the nude permit to have their sensors to off, just use

has_sensor = 2
sensor_mode = 0

at least I believe it was 0 or 1 the value of sensor mode.

That said, a bangle like Scree proposed would make much more sense, you are allowed to be nude as long as you have the bangle. Only bit I am concerned is that if you can or not use the belt and pockets slots with the permit.

All said and done, yes, it is feasible to put in your preferences if you want to be scanned or not at round start.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:13 pm

orbisa wrote:to be fair, if you wanted to modify the nude permit to have their sensors to off, just use

has_sensor = 2
sensor_mode = 0

at least I believe it was 0 or 1 the value of sensor mode.

That said, a bangle like Scree proposed would make much more sense, you are allowed to be nude as long as you have the bangle. Only bit I am concerned is that if you can or not use the belt and pockets slots with the permit.

All said and done, yes, it is feasible to put in your preferences if you want to be scanned or not at round start.

Then support for...
•Pre-scan in prefs if you're "ready" at round start since it can be done in character setup.
•Change permits to a lil bangle thingy with sensors, or allow sensors on the permits, I don't care which as long as it has sensors in some way.
Wickedtemp

Postby orbisa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:28 pm

also, it should be collar, since otherwise people without arms would get a hovering thing right next to them
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Vorrarkul » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:44 pm

We already have collars, and some people aren't into that. And, no one said the bangle had to be visible on the sprite.
As for clone scans... I dunno, it takes away one of the few things medical players actually do, outside of dealing with everyone's idiocy-induced injuries.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Dhaeleena » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:23 pm

If there will be an option in the character setup that says 'pre scan' and i can toggle that on and off then im more than fine with that.
Dhaeleena

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:We already have collars, and some people aren't into that. And, no one said the bangle had to be visible on the sprite.
As for clone scans... I dunno, it takes away one of the few things medical players actually do, outside of dealing with everyone's idiocy-induced injuries.

I'm still having trouble understanding this counterpoint.
This would ONLY scan the people who decide to toggle it, in addition to the possibility that it might also only affect the people that spawn at round-start by clicking "Ready".

Even if everyone uses it and everyone is already scanned in, there's still plenty of work for everyone in Medical. Scanning people in would normally only take like 15 minutes total. After that you have chemistry, cryo cells, biomass, IV's, OR's, virology, genetics, anyone with injuries, anyone needing cloning, etc. There is SO MUCH that can be done. Chemistry alone can take up an hour or so if you're thorough, 20 minutes if you're quick and do a somewhat decent stock.

Seriously, if cutting down on the number of scans you have to do ends up cutting all of the medical action out of your game, then you're really not doing the job...
Wickedtemp

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting