Bringing back Clown/Mime Jobs

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Does anyone have a issue with adding back Clown/Mime

Yes big issues
20%
No, no problem
72%
I don't care
8%

Total votes : 25

Bringing back Clown/Mime Jobs

Postby SilverTalismen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:55 pm

So as the topic suggest's, I would like to bring back the Clown/Mime jobs [with possibly alternate titles), And before you guys freak out saying "Oh no Silver, People see playing clown and mime as a grief license" Well yes, But with some work from everyones favorite code monkey, these jobs would be white-listed and require a special character application for either one or the other to be unlocked to you for that specific character, And for the worry about them getting a tiny workspace or something well, We can give them the incinerator room (It's not in any use anyway and would just give them maintenance access which isn't a massive issue I believe?) Or re-purpose the gambling area above the pool.

Feedback would be loved with this, either comments or on the poll, Thank you for your time :).

If you could also include /why/ you vote no that would be helpful :)
Last edited by SilverTalismen on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilverTalismen

Re: Bringing back Clown/Mime Jobs

Postby Vorrarkul » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:10 pm

I'd say repurpose gambling, I use the incinerator room a lot.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby SilverTalismen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:I'd say repurpose gambling, I use the incinerator room a lot.

Figured I would give two options, since from what ive seen the incinerator is like, never used xD
SilverTalismen

Postby Vorrarkul » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:51 pm

At least for me, it's a conveniently empty room to build things in from shift to shift, like Rylee's makeshift xeno-hive for example.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Scree » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:28 pm

As long as it's made clear that it's not a griff-licence, I'd love to see an entertainer job added. I even built a decent-sized theater above the pool one time on the old station, moved everything that was in that space to arrivals to make the port corridor more useful. That was when we had a smaller holodeck.

If we rely on the holodeck as a theater, though, I can see problems where people are unable to put on a show because two people are taking up the whole thing to ERP :p
Scree

Postby SilverTalismen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:29 pm

We shouuld totally split the holodeck in two so two can be in use at a time
SilverTalismen

Postby antsnap2 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:43 pm

1. a Clown joins
2. said Clown griefs
3. "Let's remove the clown job"

The incorrect step is 3, in my opinion. Just remove the problem player. I don't think the slip aspect is an issue, since space lube exists. The only argument against clowns is RP preservation, but since we have giant nagas eating people on a daily basis...

Send in the clowns. However, I am against whitelisting, just make it have a max cap of 2/3 or something.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby SilverTalismen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:45 pm

antsnap2 wrote:1. a Clown joins
2. said Clown griefs
3. "Let's remove the clown job"

The incorrect step is 3, in my opinion. Just remove the problem player. I don't think the slip aspect is an issue, since space lube exists. The only argument against clowns is RP preservation, but since we have giant nagas eating people on a daily basis...

Send in the clowns. However, I am against whitelisting, just make it have a max cap of 2/3 or something.

Well the whitelisting is to prevent griefers from having a chance to join and lead to it being removed again

But of course we could age lock it a certain amount of time
SilverTalismen

Postby antsnap2 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 am

I agree iwth age locks I suppose. 1/2 days should be fine imo.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby somekindofpony » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:44 pm

I only want it if clowns' font is comic sans.
somekindofpony

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting