Macros able to carry objects smaller sizes can't

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Macros able to carry objects smaller sizes can't

Postby antsnap2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:20 pm

Howdy,

So you're in the bar, when all of a sudden a giant naga comes in, drinks a keg's worth of booze, eats half the food, then grabs a patron and slithers off to dorms. So why did Corp hire such large beasts? To lift things of course.

Suggestion, if a player's scale is large enough, they can pick up (i.e. put in hand slot) larger cargo crates (the kind you need to crowbar open e.g. cow crates).

If possible they could maybe also lift locked cargo crates. Codewise, the 'click-to-pick-up' could conflict with 'click-to-open', so I'm not sure if lockers and such could be done, if unlocked. Maybe if we made a pick-up verb in the right click menu.

Thoughts?
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Re: Macros able to carry objects smaller sizes can't

Postby Jboy2000000 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:19 pm

That sounds pretty cool, actually. When reading the title, I thought this would be a suggestion to limit what tinees could pick up, but this is a lot better. The R-Click menu pick up would probably be better, make things easier for lockers and such as you mentioned. But, how big would you have to be to pick them up? Id think the biggest two sizes would work, and if not just the largest.
Jboy2000000

Postby rikaru19 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:54 am

That would be REALLY cool, and actually give size shrooms, shrink rays, and the like alot more use than just for macro/micro scenes.

Totally support this idea.

Would also be cool if macros could also be able to easily one-hand larger weapons that logically would not be as easy to aim with one hand, like say some of the bigger rifles or laser cannons.
rikaru19

Postby Dhaeleena » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 am

Well this sounds like a good idea, it sounds cool and it might be cool, BUT its so easily abused, what stops the micro cargo tech for going to the size tab and just becoming macro for a few seconds to move a ton of crates? There is already a very cool thread focused on Micro/Macro improvements/balance, there are reasons why one size cant be extremely unbalanced and with so many advantages it gives an unfair advantage over every size.
Dhaeleena

Postby antsnap2 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Dhael you make interesting points but I'm not sure I agree.

Dhaeleena wrote:BUT its so easily abused

Many things currently implemented are easily abused. The type of abuse possible here--moving crates faster while playing a micro character--is so minor as to be negligible. I don't think possible abuse of this feature is that much of a concern for reasons I'll address now.

Dhaeleena wrote:what stops the micro cargo tech for going to the size tab and just becoming macro for a few seconds to move a ton of crates?

Rapidly switching between sizes just for the convenience of being able to move crates would constitute an abuse of the feature. The resize tab has a warning about abusing the feature, and this would fall under it, so an admin will just warn the offender.

If the normally micro character has some lore for their character that let's them change sizes (implants whatever), or has a size ray to use, them I'm alright with them doing it.

Dhaeleena wrote:just becoming macro for a few seconds to move a ton of crates?

Crates would fit in their hand slots, not pockets, backpack etc. Thus, they'd at most be able to move two at a time. Right now the trolley has 3 carts for holding crates I think? (I know it's at least 2). Thus, it seems that the trolley is the better choice for micros. I'm sure the trolley might be slower than running, but the difference is negligible I'm sure since I've never heard anyone complain about the trolley.

Dhaeleena wrote:There is already a very cool thread focused on Micro/Macro improvements/balance, there are reasons why one size cant be extremely unbalanced and with so many advantages it gives an unfair advantage over every size.

When coding for this game, there's always the three way balance between Fun, Immersion, and uh Balance. I think this, though leaning more towards the first two, doesn't poop on the third that much.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby Dhaeleena » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:34 pm

What i aim more is towards the balance in this case, it is being already hard to balance micro and macro giving each size their own features that just adding one more to the equation might not really sound like much but the more features one size has the less the other has unless it's found a way to balance all of this, im not against this in any way. Just stating some of my points of view and that this would maybe get more response for the person working on coding the size features if it was on that thread, maybe.
Dhaeleena

Postby Wickedtemp » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:33 pm

Oh, man, there's so many things that I'd like to see for size-specific stats...

Larger sizes::: More health, more damage when hitting things, larger carrying capacity, but it takes much more nutriment to feed them and they're easy targets for anyone wanting to fight them. It also might take more chems to treat damage.

Smaller sizes::: Less health and damage, unable to carry as much due to the fact that some items are literally bigger than they are, but they can run under tables and are very difficult to target, and they're easy to heal since 5u of tricord in a glass would be like... their body weight, in tricord.

Right now, micros have the advantage. Difficult to target, easy to hide and yakity-sax away from conflict, and they (as far as I know) inflict just as much damage as macros do hand-to-hand, so it honestly wouldn't be difficult to out-robust a macro character as a micro.

But yeah, I'd support this.
Wickedtemp

Postby Lobo-Branco » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Just digging out a rather old topic, but I think it would be nice for micro to have certain limitations, as Wickettemp mentioned. And complementing... micros should be much slower than macros.
Daniel Barrett

Lobo-Branco

Postby ChirpGoesTheBird » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:33 am

I recall that it was quite a big suggestion on the skype chat that adding any real bonus and nerf to macros would mean we'd also need some for micros, and some people wouldn't be able to play what they wanted to (Micros / Macros) due to gameplay changes, which is bad.
Plus, script overhauls.
The second most chirpiest around.
ChirpGoesTheBird

Postby Lobo-Branco » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:37 pm

*Stamps topic with DENIED rubber stamp*
Daniel Barrett

Lobo-Branco

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting