Pleasure Outpost Additions?

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Pleasure Outpost Additions?

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Regardless of what we do ICly, OOCly people's interests will be more perked, more aware, possibly more likely to visit it because it has been publicly referred to.

Kinda like that old predbar from the old station.
JoanRisu

Postby Tasald » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Welp, have the location change every update? Make a gateway map for that kinda kinky stuff? Idk :s meta
Tasald

Postby antsnap2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:50 pm

I don't think it should be removed, nor do I think it should be a secret. If everyone knows where it is, and knows it's a room for sadist things and to respect it, then that's better. Most of all, I think you guys are way overreacting here. Out of respect, while I make points, I'll try not to refer to its location or items that constitute it.

I've found the room searching through map files in the code. The things in there are the kind of things that if stolen for outside scene purposes, it's a ban issue (almost akin to raiding the armory as an assistant). I don't think raiding this out-of-the-way obvious-scene room is going to be a big issue. It doesn't have insulated gloves or any real high target stuff. And the goodies inside have makeshift versions anyway.

I guess the big issue is "what if sec finds out and tries to raid it when there's a hint of a scene there".

1. I've done numerous sadisty things as Muffy, and the only time sec intervened was in a very public scene, and the only reason I was perma'd after was because I requested it. Sec is full of personalities, but I have faith--and experience--that when it comes to scene things they are chill enough to handle this place's existence.

2. If sec raids it at the first sign of someone missing, that's metagaming. If people unwrench the digital valve on the phoron pump in atmos at the first sign of borgs being weird, that's metagaming too. We don't remove that digital valve because of its metagame potential, we just warn those who disable it without enough IC reasons.

Overall I think it's a neat little benefit to the niche fetish group on the station and to remove it just because it is revealed would be absurd in my humble opinion. Features shouldn't be existent depending on their esoteric nature.

Tasald wrote:Welp, have the location change every update? Make a gateway map for that kinda kinky stuff? Idk :s meta

I'd rather not have updates be delayed. If it were a gateway mission then it would be RNG if it were loaded in for that round. I'd rather a concrete safe space exist and be known for these types of scenes.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby SilverTalismen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Or I could delete this post entirely, I was just making a suggestion on the assumption that everyone knew about the place, since most of the people I encounter are aware of it
SilverTalismen

Postby Tasald » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:52 pm

I hounestly could careless if this room stayed or went. I really dislike a lot of they stuff it entails, how ever, if it's Ment to be a secret, I was suggesting things to keep it that way. Some will find it no matter what, it's just a matter of makeing sure people don't meta valid hunt it, at the same time, don't be bragging over comms about illegal stuff in there either. I have not had any experience with either happening, just saying it as a reminder. I still say to have people treat it like fight club oocly and icly.
Tasald

Postby JoanRisu » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:01 am

antsnap2 wrote:I don't think it should be removed, nor do I think it should be a secret. If everyone knows where it is, and knows it's a room for sadist things and to respect it, then that's better.

1. It's not supposed to be the center of attention.

B. It does not matter if an individual stumbles upon it, that is perfectly fine because it is a fun little easter egg discovery for an individual. What makes it a little more problematic is that it has now become more PUBLIC knowledge and no longer a little quiet getaway. That is what I meant by "a simple rumor no one talks about".

Tasald wrote: I still say to have people treat it like fight club oocly and icly.

"Don't talk about fight club."
Just because you know about it doesn't mean you spoil it publicly or vaguely allude to it. Poke a friend quietly about it, don't recklessly talk openly about it.

And no, we are not going to add furniture to it.

This squirrel is basically not happy with this topic's existence.
JoanRisu

Postby Tasald » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:03 am

I just said that :u
Tasald

Postby Vorrarkul » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:37 am

On the topic of trying to keep it a secret; you guys do know about the Streisand Effect, right? I honestly think it just a little bit dumb to try and keep it a secret OOCly for an extended amount of time.
I did not even know we had easter eggs like this on the server before I saw this thread, and honestly the hush-hush nature of what's even in there drives me to avoid looking for it out of a twisted sense of spite. I don't even know what is inside this outpost, and maybe what's in there would help contribute to my scenes. Then again, perhaps not. I admit, I am a little peeved at the notion of a deliberately esoteric room. I think there's enough poorly explained features of SS13 already. I can't even properly argue about it due to the esoteric nature of it and what is inside of it.

Maybe I'm overreacting. Before I started getting into my little rant about keeping secrets, I was going to make a point that I think your reasons for doing so are poor. Just have it be a quiet little getaway, no OOC secrecy required. Hell, I am usually able to set up a cozy little bedroom in maintenance on the station, and only occasionally do people stumble in. And then I usually eat them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Scree » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:51 am

It's not so much "secret" and "hidden" as it is just "not public".

In the old codebase, the white ship used to spawn with a random weapon and four contraband crates. Word got out, and then people started round-start rushing it for loot.
Likewise, the wizard academy level got taken away very quickly because people were lootrushing it.
We don't mind you giving details of hiddenish things to other people, or showing them to people, we put them in for people to find and experience the fun of "ooh, there's a thing". But there's a difference between telling people ICly about something one-on-one, and announcing spoilers4everything to everyone.

We've actually wanted an off-station pred-bar or something for a while now, something everyone can get to and experience as a "lawless zone" of sorts, but every attempt at setting one up has wound up with security showing up like a bad smell and stifling any chances of getting scenes, or it's been slightly too far out of the way for people to get to.
Maybe we'll make a gateway map outside of station jurisdiction or something.
Scree

Postby Vorrarkul » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:59 am

I apologize if my previous post was too aggressive, I've been moody recently.

I see your points, and I think the biggest problem is with security; a lot of the time security walks a tightrope between overbearing and useless.
As for gateway stuff, did the randomly-changing-per-shift gateway destination system ever work? I actually haven't heard much about the gateway lately.

One last thing: I assume there are items in this pleasure outpost that are designed for various kinks. Depending on what those kinks are, I'd hope the items are find-able easily enough on the regular station? Because what had me a little peeved was the thought there were unique items I never even knew about that I could have been using this whole time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting