Pleasure Outpost Additions?

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Pleasure Outpost Additions?

Postby Scree » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 am

Oh, there's nothing there that's not on the station.
Scree

Postby orbisa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:36 am

Sans richard's holowhip
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby antsnap2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:55 am

JoanRisu wrote:1. It's not supposed to be the center of attention.

I don't think it is, nor will it be. It is the center of attention this topic, though, I guess. I think as a whole the room will now be somewhere between 'super-secret-clubhouse' and 'hey everybody let's loot at round start'.

JoanRisu wrote:B. It does not matter if an individual stumbles upon it, that is perfectly fine because it is a fun little easter egg discovery for an individual. What makes it a little more problematic is that it has now become more PUBLIC knowledge and no longer a little quiet getaway. That is what I meant by "a simple rumor no one talks about".

I feel as though it's difficult to accidentally discover it. You need to pick specific job types to get to it. I think it will still be a quiet getaway, since demand for those scenes is still the same, those scenes can happen elsewhere, and, as a getaway, it's quite out of the way.

I do not think sec will bust it down. If sec busts down locked dorms it's a warning. Same situation applies here. I don't think it being public will affect its use negatively, since it's out of the way and niche. I think all curiosities of it can be settled by the person ghosting and peeking at it. More over, there's no incentive to loot it since no items in there have research purposes (unlike the contraband crates Scree mentioned), nor are they particularly powerful (like wizard items).

Overall I think it's a very specific room for very specific types of scenes in an out of way place. I feel as though the upset is coming from the loss of secrecy/whatever. This is fine from an emotional standpoint, but nothing in this game will ever be a secret forever, and keeping secrets from the community isn't very good (makes them frustrated). Moreover, it's not really a valid reason to limit the room/discussion-of-it. And to remove it just because it's no longer as-special among a select few would be heinous, in my opinion.

Ironically though, I agree it shouldn't have more furniture. It's fine the way it is I think.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting