Slime species now merged! Discuss, and expand on ideas.

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: Slime species now merged! Discuss, and expand on ideas.

Postby orbisa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 am

I would take out the unclonable, and balance it somehow. The slime core right now is mostly a brain.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Knightfall » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Yeah, the main issue for me is the no revive part. It wouldn't make any IC sense for a dead slime character to ever return in a future round if they can't be cloned or otherwise brought back. The basic foundation for this already exists, injecting stuff and creating mobs and the detection for when a Ckey is in a brain. I will see if I can throw something together
Knightfall

Postby antsnap2 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:24 pm

orbisa wrote:I would take out the unclonable, and balance it somehow. The slime core right now is mostly a brain.

Knightfall wrote:Yeah, the main issue for me is the no revive part. It wouldn't make any IC sense for a dead slime character to ever return in a future round if they can't be cloned or otherwise brought back. The basic foundation for this already exists, injecting stuff and creating mobs and the detection for when a Ckey is in a brain. I will see if I can throw something together

Yeah like I said I agree. An IC means of revival other than OOC respawning with "centcom had a backup" is better. I've no objections for it being implemented in the near future.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby Knightfall » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Well, I can make the reaction easy enough, but I have no idea how to go about getting the ckey into the body, this may require someone who actually knows how to code
Knightfall

Postby antsnap2 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Knightfall wrote:Well, I can make the reaction easy enough, but I have no idea how to go about getting the ckey into the body, this may require someone who actually knows how to code

Check the code for putting a brain into a borg, it is probably similar.

For now I'm going to make a pull request to remove the NO_SCAN. It's easy enough that it shouldn't delay the race getting in the server.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby Molenar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:57 pm

something i want to suggest, is cleaning up the sprites a bit, make the base sprite lighter in color, not transparency. so colors display better on them, the base colors should be as close to white as possible so they can have more vibrant colors display properly, at the moment a large number of them seem to display oddly, and the outlines have a bit too much contrast, showing at different color than the inner slime. i've played around with em a little, and it should be easy enough. wanted to make sure someone elsee wasn't doing them before i got started on it.
Molenar

Postby antsnap2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Molenar wrote:[sprites]

By all means fix em and submit a PR or upload the dmi. I just wanted them functional asap so they are slightly modified slime race sprites from paradise. All I did was remove the nipples and genitalia.

Molenar wrote:[transparency]

I would like to keep this aspect of the race though. Slight tweaks to the levels themselves, but if you remove the transparency you remove a unique aspect from them, in my opinion.
antsnap2

Postby Vorrarkul » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:33 pm

I think Molenar was saying that they don't mean the transparency, but that the base coloring of the slimes is making them too dark and you can't really get a vibrant slime. Vibrant slimes I'm all for, my honey slimegirl needs to be the proper shade of golden yellow!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Molenar » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:10 pm

yeah, vorrarkul hit my point, i want transparent, just also want the color to be vibrant. I'll put it on my to do list for sprites then
Molenar

Postby antsnap2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Ah oki doki then :3
antsnap2

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting