Event Suggestions!

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Event Suggestions!

Postby joey4298 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Might as well make a forum post about it, eh?
Ace said we needed event ideas, and this is the perfect place to put them, yanno, our forum.

So, post em here, and try to be serious with the ideas, I ask.

Here we go!
mofu
joey4298

Re: Event Suggestions!

Postby joey4298 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Maybe build a big pirate cruiser, have them infiltrate the station, endo a bunch of people, look normal.

Then at some point, steal them off station, and let them out. Centcom gives report, send rescue party, weh.

Maybe have it a stealthish sort of mission. Pirates go into places with their captives and mess with them unknowning that rescuers are on the way.

EDIT:

For those who don't like endo, we could obviously set up some gurgle pirates.
Last edited by joey4298 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mofu
joey4298

Postby Stulti » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:20 pm

I actually really like Joey's idea...
Stulti

Postby jemli » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:28 pm

A few ideas I had for events that DON'T involve security.

Engineering event: A heavily damaged ship with important cargo needs to stop by Virgo for emergency repairs. Depending on the number and skill of the engineers involved, it could just be simple patches to the hull, to having to install generators and shield projectors for further transit.

Science event: A scientific anomaly appears in the station's orbital path. The science team needs to go investigate to determine if it's a threat to the station, and find out which course of action to take.
jemli

Postby warbrand2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:17 pm

I have a few event ideas, doubt any are good.

Bio hive
event info: a strange distress call comes in, and the v.o.r.e station is told to await wounded and injured aliens at cargo. as NT is sending evac shuttles to them. once the shuttles arrive though it is discovered that the aliens are a sentient xenomorph species and that standard medical gear might not be enough, not only this but there may be problems keeping the crew in line after the info about the xeno's spreads.

event focus: medical, sec, cargo all of which have to deal with the xenomorphs and actually healing them before sending back on their way.

minor event: drone escape, a drone will seperate from the group during this event and roam the station, claming any one they see, either as food or to take back to an area of the station. the drone does not mean to harm but instead is looking to hide. once the shuttle leaves if the drone is still alive and not caught it will release all that have seen it and "Remain" on station. (excuse to have a new xeno character)

Pirate attack
event info: station is cut off by unkown means before being quickly boarded by pirates who tell the crew to lock themselves in the dorms or be shot. during the event the pirate will take everything of value and move it to cargo, in an attempt to loot the station. the crew will have to work together to stop the pirates and reclaim the station.

skeleton shift
event info: the reactor on the station and all solar panels fail with out reason leaving the station in the dark. as this happens a strange thing impacts and destroys security flooding the station with a strange green mist. once the mist dissipate the power will come back on but most lights will be destroyed and there will be an unkown life form on the station.

pre event : a warning will come over the coms stating unkown alien missiles have been launched at the station EMP and boarding pods detected.

during event: the station will be flooded with N2 (the green mist) and vox will appear on the station they are extremely hostile and are attacking the station for [redacted] means. with the 02 drained from the station the crew must rely on the emergency air packs they have and maybe small secions where the 02 filters have no been cut (like lets say the library cause no one goes there, and botony cause of the plants) as sec would be destroyed mounting an offence against the invaders would require either planning or holding out until a crew is sent in to deal with them.

screee! (highly unlikly if not impossible as I doubt scree will agree to an idea like this)
info: an event that has 2 or 3 of what ever scree is board the station because of scree asking them to come see his work sight... chaos ensues scree gets banned from asking any one to the station. most the crew vanishes. (yeah bad idea)
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:41 am

joey4298 wrote:Maybe build a big pirate cruiser, have them infiltrate the station, endo a bunch of people, look normal.

Then at some point, steal them off station, and let them out. Centcom gives report, send rescue party, weh.

Maybe have it a stealthish sort of mission. Pirates go into places with their captives and mess with them unknowning that rescuers are on the way.

EDIT:

Vore pirates are always nice. I want to elaborate on this idea and get possible volunteers for a time and day.
Aces

Postby Travisplo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:37 am

warbrand2 wrote:I have a few event ideas, doubt any are good.

Bio Hive
Event Info: A strange distress call comes in, and the V.O.R.E station is told to await wounded and injured aliens at cargo. as NT is sending evac shuttles to them. Once the shuttles arrive though, it is discovered that the aliens are a sentient xenomorph species and that standard medical gear might not be enough. Not only that but there may be problems keeping the crew in line after the info about the xeno's spread.

Event Focus: Medical, Security, Cargo, all of which have to deal with the xenomorphs and actually healing them before sending back on their way.

Minor Event: Drone Escape, a drone will separate from the group during this event and roam the station, claiming anyone they see, either as food or to take back to an area of the station. The drone does not mean to harm, but instead is looking to hide. Once the shuttle leaves, if the drone is still alive and not caught, it will release all that have seen it and "Remain" on station. (Excuse to have a new xeno character.)

I think this is actually a pretty cool idea, it would be nice to see.
Travisplo

Postby joey4298 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Aces wrote:
joey4298 wrote:Maybe build a big pirate cruiser, have them infiltrate the station, endo a bunch of people, look normal.

EDIT:

Vore pirates are always nice. I want to elaborate on this idea and get possible volunteers for a time and day.

I would happily volunteer for either role. I do a good pred!
mofu
joey4298

Postby Vorrarkul » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:10 pm

What if the pirates came around Halloween, masquerading during a costume party or something?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby joey4298 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:What if the pirates came around Halloween, masquerading during a costume party or something?

"Oh look at those guys dressed like pira- OH GOD THEY'RE ACTUAL PIRATES."
mofu
joey4298

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting