Xenobiology

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Xenobiology

Postby Molenar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:45 am

So a few things I noticed playing through Xeno for a whole shift. Not all great, not all complaints, but a few things of concern.

1, the enzymes and extracts seem to work a good bit differently than they used to, the transformative ones specifically being of note, as chems produced by cores can only be drawn out along with volumes of slime jelly, which is extremely toxic, and the beneficial ones seem to be useless watered down, a sharp contrast compared to like they used to be.

2, I feel that Xenobiology should gain a chem master 3000 or something similar for the processing of these items. If only to restore the functionality that used to exist. A dispenser is obviously not needed, but a way to separate the jelly from chems would make things better for Xenobiology and I think xeno flora too, as some of the plants could be used to contribute to chems needed elsewhere or to shrinking tasty sauces for the kitchen.

3, there is either a bug or new feature, not sure which it's supposed to be, that allows the killing of slimes via extinguisher, with them on the other side of a windoor. it makes little sense unless the doors are somehow vented to allow the cold through, but then, I doubt they would be air tight.

4, the slimes all have faces now, that is fuking adorable and I want one like IRL as a pet, though it's have to be one of the tamed ones cause I can't afford monkeys and the neighbors would get suspicious if they all started disappearing.

5, after playing with gold cores for a bit, I found that there are both "fox" mobs and "Renthur" mobs that can spawn of it. I doubt the named ones are supposed to be there.
Molenar

Re: Xenobiology

Postby orbisa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:35 pm

1,2- If nobody says anything, I will remove the slime jelly from the transformative item, there is another way already to get the jelly and that is with sugar and another core, if that's gone, I will readd it.
3-It's a feature (tm). Well, not really, it's more a thing about how the windoors aren't blocking the extinguisher as expected, probably a bug, but test should be made with placed windoors to see if they allow gasses to pass too and chem sprayers or if it's just the fire extnguisher, or even weapons.
4- Agree
5-Will check the mobs lists along with the issue noted in 1#
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Molenar » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:39 am

Thanks for the feedback there, a few other observations, well, things I discovered that seemed to be different from before, a good thing, or just interesting. I'll see about testing the placed windoors, though I figure it's useful down there, we could still say that the Xeno ones are vented specifically for it to allow safer culling of the brood.

6,Orange cores now have a time delay on the Phoron fire burst effect, and have a limited time of activity too. Used to be, they would go instantly and keep burning until vented.

7,Oil slime cores also have a time delay, and a decent blast radius and damage output, tore through reinforced walls and floor. Not likely a large concern with how much of a pain they are to get.

8,the new "friend" bits to the code seem like an amazing thing for the job, take proper care of your slimes and they are less likely to see you as another meal.

9, something that was somewhat surprising, with the new code modifications and all I thought that the cold in the vacuum of space might be deadly cold to the slimes, seems that is still not a thing. Had some vented out the airlock enclosure and they just cruised along outside. Not a care in the world aside from eating whatever they could get a hold of.

10, interesting to note that slimes will attack mobs they normally wouldn't, example being a cow, when enraged by the red core's Blood injection effect. I don't see it as an issue, just an observation I found entertaining.
Molenar

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:11 am

As far as #9 goes, cold is just an absence of heat energy in particles. Since there are almost no particles in space, heat from an object doesn't dissipate quickly at all unless it were to run into something that was cold that could then absorb that heat.

Or it's just a feature that hasn't been added (yet) cause this game isn't full realistic.
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Postby Molenar » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:01 am

that explains a lot actually, hmm, gives me an idea for a modification to Xenobio though. could be interesting. I'll see how difficult it will be.
Molenar

Postby orbisa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:04 am

Well, do remember you can have a tile with 2 moles of air that's 5000 C°, and then once two moles are lost to vaccum well... temperature finally drops
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting