Hotfixes, round 1 | DISCUSS/REPORT NEWBAY ISSUES HERE

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Hotfixes, round 1 | DISCUSS/REPORT NEWBAY ISSUES HERE

Postby Aces » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:Aha! I knew I wasn't crazy when the sprite in the character edit menu got fat all of a sudden that time before! I took a screenshot for proof. I did literally nothing other than load up Lucina's character file, and this happened.
[+]

I am quite sure that isn't a bug. That's the preview member dressing you in the clothes of your highest desired job slot.
Aces

Postby Vorrarkul » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Said job slot for that picture was CMO. I closed out of the thing then opened it again and it was the normal CMO clothes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Vorrarkul » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Me and a few others are having this odd bug where the visuals 'freeze' for a bit. It's weird that reconnecting doesn't solve it, but it seems to sometimes 'go away' if we leave it long enough? Only some people are complaining about it but it seems to be extremely obnoxious. Note, the chatbox's notifications keep going, so just the 'visual' window freezes.

EDITS FOR CLARITY:
The bug seems to be an issue with the visuals not updating character locations, as I noticed doors playing their opening and closing animations after the 'freezes'. After hearing someone complain in OOC about this bug, I experienced it soon after. I tried the solution of reconnecting, but that only garnered me a few seconds before the bug surfaced again.
As I made the above post, it was frozen, but when I returned, everything was normal, so somehow just waiting out the bug made it go away. It hasn't seemed to return yet, but I think this is still worth looking into.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:Me and a few others are having this odd bug where the visuals 'freeze' for a bit. It's weird that reconnecting doesn't solve it, but it seems to sometimes 'go away' if we leave it long enough? Only some people are complaining about it but it seems to be extremely obnoxious. Note, the chatbox's notifications keep going, so just the 'visual' window freezes.

EDITS FOR CLARITY:
The bug seems to be an issue with the visuals not updating character locations, as I noticed doors playing their opening and closing animations after the 'freezes'. After hearing someone complain in OOC about this bug, I experienced it soon after. I tried the solution of reconnecting, but that only garnered me a few seconds before the bug surfaced again.
As I made the above post, it was frozen, but when I returned, everything was normal, so somehow just waiting out the bug made it go away. It hasn't seemed to return yet, but I think this is still worth looking into.

When this happens to me, it is most often when opening a menu on a machine. I get it the most when opening the jukebox. For me reconnecting or restarting my computer usually helps to a degree. Usually...
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Postby Molenar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:19 am

Possible bug, portable turrets seem to not activate. had power to the room, wire running beneath it, and had controls access because was warden.
Molenar

Postby Arbon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:43 am

Regarding the turrets, did you first turn it on and second make sure there was something to shoot at? Unless I'm remembering things wrong the turrets don't have any different sprite or animation when turned on unless they are actively targeting a thing. Also worth noting, turrets will target and fire at NPC mice.
Arbon

Postby Molenar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:59 am

using the window with the controls it literally would not change the written words from off to on, or vice versa, for any of the controls including "power"
Molenar

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:37 am

Locking this since the major issues have all been ironed out. Use github for all future issues.
Aces

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting