Concept: monkey compressor

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Concept: monkey compressor

Postby warbrand2 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:36 am

just something for the chef and xeno bio, this would be a device that if you put a monkey into it the compressor turns it into a monkey cube.

concepts for this.

basic use: just stick a monkey that was decubed by mistake in it and get a none rapped monkey cube

side uses
monkey jerky: put a dead monkey in it and it will compress the monkey into an item called monkey jerky (will give 3) these can be eaten for 10 nutrents or you can inject water into them to get meat.

slime core: if you put a slime body in it, it will compress it into a slime core. though for some reason even gold slimes compressed are turned into basic grey slime cores. (another way to prevent xenobio for ending up job locked)

evil use idea

use on a person: if used on a crew member will not cube them in fact do not do this it will break the machine and spew blood and meat everywhere. Also by the same vain do not use on any advanced alien unless you want the same effect or in the case of a xenomorph want acid everywhere.

trying to think of something simple... though I think this might be a redundent idea. [ if not I can sprite the thing so that only the coding is needed]
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Re: Concept: monkey compressor

Postby Arbon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:47 am

Slime core idea is certainly helpful, and you just KNOW that people are going to try and cube punpun to see what happens. I'd be all for this concept. Though in regards to the evil use idea I'm not entirely sure why you'd go the boring route and make cubing a human result in blood spraying everywhere. What happens if one gets turned into a monkey and then put through the machine? Does it just insta-kill?

We already have gibbers if you want to make a gorey mess, and if you don't want players interacting with it on a vore station then just have it not accept non-monkeys at all. Frustrating the moment someone tries experimenting, but understandable.

I'd find it more fun if people could be stuffed inside, and the code result was similar to being placed inside a box/locker. Able to emote, though I'd prefer if speech and radio didn't work, count as a small item and can be picked up or carried around, and just like using wirecutters on a giftwrapped locker sets them free, putting water on a cubed player (or cube in the sink) ejects the player while destroying the cube.
Arbon

Postby orbisa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:39 am

Well, good news and bad news, Tg already has that called monkey recycler, in Xenobio. You place dead monkeys in it, five IIRC, and one cube comes out
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby warbrand2 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:11 pm

that just means that there is code to modify but the recycler sounds better.... if the ability to use it on slimes existed (2 slimes =one grey slime core) then this idea would be completely redundant unless Arbon's suggestion is considered.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting