Yell at Ace thread

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Yell at Ace thread

Postby Lio that there snek priest » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:14 pm

The funy thing is that Ace has Countless times said in VC that he dosent give a shit.
because he is the owner, we cant touch the owener people.
even if Ace is in the end a good writer, this clearly isent his Fortey
Lio that there snek priest

Postby ikky » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:15 pm

I haven't been around for a while, not even in the Discord but I've been aware of just what's been going on. To be honest I was excited for Dragor's lore changes that were quite bluntly, removing the Humanity Fuck Yeah/Sol wankery, and outright WHOLESALE USED Halo lore. Halo lore that you told me was taken because 'you thought it was cool' for one event that was once again - your character is the sole protagonist and center of. I know he quit because you didn't want to let that go and honestly I wouldn't blame him after the effort he put in being thrown out because you wanted to keep that.
ikky

Postby radiantAurora » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:I honestly hope that I'm proven wrong, but he's literally spoken about having a list of players he wanted to axe, "but Staff talked him out of it", and now a few of those staff members are gone.

This scares me. Considering that such players weren't already axed, I can only guess that he wanted to do so for personal gripes rather than legitimate rule breakages.
If this is the kind of host we have, perhaps the community deserves to collapse so that another can take its place.
radiantAurora

Postby AZUCHI » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:17 pm

That is Extremely not helpful for the owner of a space station server to have as thats the equivalent of "fuck you i dont like you you should be banned because you dont like this or you disagreed with me"z if ace actually completely ignores this shit virgo IS going to implode on itself. There NEEDS to be a new owner ace there HAS TO BE. Joan has put ALOT into virgo so have several other admins and you constantly just shit in peoples faces and get angry when they retalliate and just say "oh theyre just being negative" or several other phrases similar to that. Ace if you have stuff like this and you are genuinely listening to your community you need to step down. IN refrence to tempests last post.
Last edited by AZUCHI on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZUCHI

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Axelthegreat wrote:
Wickedtemp wrote:The worst part is that a lot of this was stuff that's been told to Ace over and over again. I've complained to Demi about Ace's behavior on multiple occasions, I'm not at all surprised that this happened either. Just disappointed. And it's disappointing to think that after this thread is over, Ace is going to ignore everything that's said and we'll all get a little bit of that negative personal bias from the Host of the server. I honestly hope that I'm proven wrong, but he's literally spoken about having a list of players he wanted to axe, "but Staff talked him out of it", and now a few of those staff members are gone.

I'm holding off until the official announcement, should that come, to give my full post. But that last statement. This is news to me, and EXTREMELY worrying.

""I was incredibly close to doing a purge of members for the sake of quality control and ejecting toxic elements, because at the end of the day, I do not have to and should not cater to the elements of our community who perpetuate that negativity. None of you are entitled to this server, and I am not required to sit here and take or observe abuse of other people. No, the community isn't perfect, but my brash opinion of "I don't give a fuck" about those particular community members is something that has benefited the long term health of our community. Why? Shitty players and shitty people will move on when their demands are not met. However, they will be replaced by good players. I learned this lesson early in the days of Vorestation, and I learned it from a top admin of the largest ever Minecraft community at the time. I was going to college with him. He told me, and it's true to this day, that not all players are valuable, nor is their input. You may not want to hear it, but I will sooner take his advice than yours.

Furthermore, I want to clarify that when I refer to the toxic nature of the community that I wish to purge, I have a list of names in mind. Yours is not on them. Despite the fact that your criticism irritates me, understand that I recognize it to be a sincere effort to try improving something, and because of that fact, I respect it. This is the difference between what you present compared to the kind of bickering I am referring to becoming the norm. The act of complaining without proposing a solution is called whining.""" -- from the staff escalation thread. Which is now sounding more like a threat, with the latest changes.

RadiantAurora's snippet that popped up while I was typing this,,,,, This scares me. Considering that such players weren't already axed, I can only guess that he wanted to do so for personal gripes rather than legitimate rule breakages.
If this is the kind of host we have, perhaps the community deserves to collapse so that another can take its place.
-- He said that some of the people had 'gotten better' in some way, so maybe a few of them really were bad, but with what's going on I honestly think at least a couple would've been just personal reasons.
Wickedtemp

Postby Thranos » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:21 pm

you dont live up to you own quality standard. and seem to be scaring away the people who actually care

This hits one of the many nails on the head.
I can, off the top of my head, think of five people who quit almost entirely due to Ace's actions or inactions.
I'm one of them, because I saw this entire clusterfuck coming months ago, to the point of having even put in a complaint against Ace on the forums here, which was extremely difficult to even do.
It was promptly ignored except for two staff replies, one of which read as though the staff member read exactly one line and ignored everything else, the other of which blamed me for what Ace did towards me in a hostile manner.

Ace both enabled and occasionally actively joined in on a harassment campaign against me on his "Virgo Official Space Engineers" server that lasted over a month and led to about six players bailing from it.
This led to further bullshit, such as angrily ranting at me about my "role" and what I should be thinking and doing, but it's not directly relevant to the SS13 server.
It does, however, stand as a prime example of what exactly he enabled, caused, and participated as.
Creating a hostile environment against anyone who objected to "his way" in any way that mattered.

Also:
Wickedtemp wrote:I've complained to Demi about Ace's behavior on multiple occasions

Wickedtemp wrote:negative personal bias from the Host of the server

Wickedtemp wrote:Considering that such players weren't already axed, I can only guess that he wanted to do so for personal gripes rather than legitimate rule breakages.

I want to address these, in order.
One: Of the two staff who bothered to respond to the complaint against Ace, Demi was one. Specifically, the one who opened with "I have bias against you" and ended with blaming me for Ace's actions against me, and calling me a manipulative abuser.

Two: Ace isn't the host. He might have the discord role, but he is, at best, a treasurer. He collates doinations.

Three: Having been on the receiving end of this, yes.
Thranos

Postby WTFismyname » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Most of this stuff is just, ragging on Ace, and I'll be real, there's valid complaints here, but at the same time this isn't constructive to just bash on someone endlessly.

Virgo is sick but the problem isn't just with Ace, it's entirely ingrained into the system. There are so many people that hold positions of influence that don't do anything, barely even logging onto the server. I can't say I've understood why they haven't been asked to step into a lesser position or step down entirely. On top of that, Virgo's own community is toxic towards it's own continued life. People want events, but people will shit on events that occur. Recently, I have heard that this has changed, likely because of the scarcity of events in the past year.

Nothing matters on Virgo, things used to have a thread, now they don't because the people that gave a crap, well, they left. I don't know what happens behind the scenes, but to me, it feels like none of the admin team co-operate on things. It's like there's a board of 10 people, all of which have different ideas, and they just get thrown in because they can without consideration. Skyrat is hitting 90+ players with nothing going on when Virgo is struggling to reach 40. I realize Virgo is more Niche than things like Skyrat, but there used to be times when Virgo would pull those numbers too, and if it wasn't in a total mess, it would probably be easily pulling those kind of numbers right now thanks to Lockdown.

If Virgo as a whole is going to be 'fixed', there needs to be an entire overhaul of the way the system works, and it's not just Ace that's the issue. Everyone needs to accept some level of responsibility for what has occurred, even if ultimately the buck stops with Ace himself. Please, please use this as a moment not just to attack Ace but to look at the entire rotten system and think about what can be changed, because from what I personally can see, there needs to be a total restart and a communal effort to get things back to the way they were.
WTFismyname

Postby Sylv the Shy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Over the few times I've talked with you through dms or voice chat, I've realized that once you have something in mind, being an idea or opinion, you will hold to it until it's finished. I've seen you change rules on the fly and then ban someone after changing the rules which is basically, "There's no rule in place but because I don't like it I'm going to make that rule and then ban them for breaking the rule that didn't exist at the time." I've seen you ban someone because they said "Whatever." as a reply. I've seen you ban someone by mistake because you read what they said without checking context and then banning them for that.

When I asked about why when someone was appealing for an unban and they had around 12 supports to 9 no-support that you decided to not unban them you replied with this:

"Majority rule is not relevant in vorestation. I don't care who the majority is. I care who makes the most compelling argument, and those who *have* been in contact with [banned person] are one of two people."

You also mentioned that you made up your mind on not unbanning the person *before* several people even posted on the appeal by telling me this:

"I already said. I waited 11 days for a reply, and I already wasn't keen on accepting an appeal to begin with."

When I mentioned it sounded like you already made up your mind you told me, "To be blunt? It was. I was wondering if anyone would change my mind. They didn't."

As someone who admined over a server with 10,000 people, that didn't strike me as a sign of a good leader. It just seemed like you hated the person and weren't going to unban them ever, using your powers as headmin to keep it that way. I've always viewed being an admin as keeping the peace and making sure everyone is having fun, possibly creating fun yourself for others to enjoy.

There's also the fact that you rudely yell at people you don't like or find upsetting and you do so in a voicechat full of people, giving people a terrible impression that it's ok to make fun of said person and be rude to them. I've had to talk to them and calm them down because they were panicking over what happened. When I talked with you to ask if you could be polite with them you said you'd try a few times but you don't have unlimited patience. As an admin, you *should* have enough patience to know that some people need different responses and that you shouldn't just jump to yelling at them.

As a person Ace, I see you as a good guy with fun interests. As an admin, I'm sorry but I don't view you as a good admin in the slightest. You're too fast to judge people and then defend yourself to the death when people call you out. I'm glad to see you changing this but this all needs to stop.
Sylv the Shy

Postby AZUCHI » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:30 pm

Real quick i was on the space engineers server and i can verify the shit that thranos is saying if ace runs virgo how he runs space engineers then that is BAD. Also id like to add then when the space engineers server was up he would ignore anyones input and say "how come everytime i host a space engineer server everyone knows how to suddenly run it" The space engineers server was essentially ace trying to force people into PVP and if anyone didnt oblige by that he would find any and i mean ANY way to get them banned. If that is how he runs virgo again im saying this the third time he shouldnt be having any control on virgo whatsoever. in refrence to thranos post i dont know how to quote people on here.
AZUCHI

Postby Thranos » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 pm

WTFismyname wrote: [Furious self-fellating and Ace apologism]

Thranos

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting