Yell at Ace thread

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Yell at Ace thread

Postby WTFismyname » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:35 pm

Thranos wrote:
WTFismyname wrote: [Furious self-fellating and Ace apologism]

I'm not trying to excuse Ace or fellate myself, I'm trying to say that the whole system needs a rework.
WTFismyname

Postby LiquidFirefly » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:38 pm

WTFismyname wrote:I'm not trying to excuse or fellate myself, I'm trying to say that the whole system needs a rework.

Wow, it's almost like 'the system' is a result of Ace's literal stranglehold on the server and unwillingness to compromise with anyone. He puts people he likes places because he likes them there. There is no other reason. Inactive admins are still admins because Ace won't trim the list, and inactive headmins are still headmins, because Ace won't trim the list. He is the stasis. He refused to put a finger to the pulse of the server and instead fucked off somewhere else constantly, expecting people to agree with him while he flails and tries to do stupid shit every time he rears his ugly head.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Postby WTFismyname » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:40 pm

LiquidFirefly wrote:
WTFismyname wrote:I'm not trying to excuse or fellate myself, I'm trying to say that the whole system needs a rework.

Wow, it's almost like 'the system' is a result of Ace's literal stranglehold on the server and unwillingness to compromise with anyone. He puts people he likes places because he likes them there. There is no other reason. Inactive admins are still admins because Ace won't trim the list, and inactive headmins are still headmins, because Ace won't trim the list. He is the stasis. He refused to put a finger to the pulse of the server and instead fucked off somewhere else constantly, expecting people to agree with him while he flails and tries to do stupid shit every time he rears his ugly head.

I don't disagree with this but if changes are going to seriously happen it needs to be a communal effort.

Edit: To ellaborate, people stepping down in protest is a communal effort that started this whole thing. There isn't some need for Ace to run Virgo beyond tradition, literally anyone here could start another server and adopt the title without Ace, nothing is stopping them, but it would need to be a communal shift, and if things want to improve, everyone needs to self-evaluate, ask themselves if they really deserve their position/title, and perhaps consider stepping down if they are inactive or don't contribute.
Last edited by WTFismyname on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTFismyname

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:42 pm

This is from a user who had issues but didn't want to post, so I'm doing it on their behalf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WickedtempToday at 4:28 PM
If you want me to yell for you, I'll post whatever you say, direct quote, no edits
--Today at 4:30 PM
tbh my main "reee"'s have been posted and Im too soft to yell
Id more sternly say
"Listen to everyone else more" but like I said, thats been said
WickedtempToday at 4:31 PM
Anything else to add?
Genuine question, cause if not, will post!
""tbh my main "reee"'s have been posted and Im too soft to yell
Id more sternly say
"Listen to everyone else more" but like I said, thats been said"""
---Today at 4:35 PM
Hmmm
Ill retype a lil thingy up then

Just, I guess, listen to people over yourself. See yourself more as the players' voice rather than one who listens only. That is, if you stay. However with what Im seeing I dunno if thats best. Not "get out and stay out" but like, I think the power kinda got to ya a lil. I do still like ya and I love this server even if I dont play often enough. I just think if you being host/headmin is so divisive it may be best to let that go.
~~~~~~~~
Wickedtemp

Postby Heroman3003 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:43 pm

WTFismyname wrote:I'm not trying to excuse Ace or fellate myself, I'm trying to say that the whole system needs a rework.

I honestly agree. But I do think that only reason there have been exactly 0 steps taken towards that so far is because the system is maintained by presence of Ace and him choosing his close surroundings based entirely on personal bias. If not for him, there wouldn't be a rotten and broken system. It wouldn't be perfect, but at least it would have capacity to change and improve based on feedback, not be held to be same forever regardless of all its misfaults.
Heroman3003

Postby HzDonut » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Not only am I super late to this shitfest, but I also don't have too much to say, but since I was on the receiving end of the wrath of Ace numerous times I think it's pretty fair for me to at least say SOMETHING.

Really the jist of it is this mess right now is not even remotely surprised based off my experience with the ban forums leading to me not only dealing with my own appeals, but also curiously watching a few others. Anyone who has does the same already knows where I'm going with this: waaaay too many times the admins and even OTHER HEADMINS would come to a decision on the post, then you'd just come in out of nowhere and just make your own decision and either accept or close the appeal. That's just terrible leadership, man, it makes the other staff feel like they're just totally pointless when you pull shit like that. What's the point of spending all the time talking with the person on the chopping block and reaching a decision if mr. host man can just swooce in at the last minute and throw it all into the bin because of his own personal feelings? Like holy smokes there's no way this hasn't been brought up in the admin chat and stuff before since it's so glaring of an issue, it's astounding that that level of bullshit continued all the way until now where it has finally blown up and you're acting like this is some sort of sudden and surprising revelation? That mess combined with your extremely unpredictable bouts of anger created a whole mess of not only overriding other staff entirely because "i'm the host and I can", but also making the players ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of you. Whenever I saw you looking at one of my appeals, regardless to how it was going, I felt PURE DREAD creeping up into me, knowing full well some overly volatile, bias filled mess of a post was about to get slapped down and my appeal would potentially be RKO'd by it.

That shit led to me, like I'm sure many others, just going to literally any other active staff besides you with complaints or...anything to do with the server, really. Even if the complaint was about you, I'd go through some other admin to make it just because I felt if I tried to say anything, I'd just get banned on the spot no matter how many times you say "nobody will be banned for complaints". You're unpredictable, volatile, and created a sea of unease around you from the playerbase, and I doubt that's ever going to go away with how long your "rule" over the server happened, to put it bluntly. You've gotta retire either permanently or for a long time, man. Like shit remember when you got back from that camping trip and immediately went on a tangent about how you almost killed someone else there because they almost made a friend of yours OD or something? That's not...something to just blurt out right in a public channel to the players who already see you as unstable and weird, dude, like holy shit.
HzDonut

Postby zammyman215 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Ace's entire apology.

Nobody wants an apology and yet another "Last Chance to make it right."
Man. You've had last chances. You're not part of the community after this long, and after being a cunt to so many people. Fuck off and give it to someone else. Be a normal goddamn player like the rest of us. You hurt too many people I care about to ever want you in charge of anything. You're only STILL in charge because you have the server funds.
zammyman215

Postby radiantAurora » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:49 pm

I vow to be better.

It's too late, Ace. You've done damage and some of our most prominent staff members have said they will only return when you're gone, not better.
I'm sick of seeing you ruin this community, and I doubt I'm the only one wanting to follow the steps of the admins and leave to only return to a server that lacks you at the head of it. Hell, I invite people to do so if they weren't already thinking of it.
radiantAurora

Postby Maire » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:50 pm

I'm not the most experienced player of vorestation, or the most liked, however I do feel like sometimes you (and possibly others) hold this server way too high up. There was a dude that was banned not too long ago for simply criticising how the server is ran. I might be missing all the facts, but I don't feel like a server should be ran that way. I know personally sometimes I see stuff that I don't agree with, and as a new player that's seen what's happened to others, I feel legitimately scared to speak up about it. I don't think a good owner can do stuff like that and ban people who show any criticism towards the server.
Maire

Postby Slingding » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Im glad to see you chipping in where you have no idea what you're talking about Ruet. I wont get into another long diatribe about the staff being more involved, more events, and generally trying to get the impetus to make change on the server because thats not the point of this thread. You're welcome to open one of your own personal thoughts whenever you'd like.

Ace, I've said everything I possibly could in the admin chat and reiterating here wont do much good other than to elucidate the community that our job as admins stopped being running the server but to screen them from your absolute insanity and tyrannical short-sightedness. I really dont have the patience to do this for the umpteenth time with you. You know you should step down. I doubt that many with the community who are active have even the slightest amount of trust with you, and the sheer fact that your cyclical pattern of acting an absolute fool, realizing you were fucking up, deflecting responsibility by saying things like "I have no idea what Ace was thinking five minutes ago, that guy is an idiot." THAT GUY IS YOU. YOU. All the lip service in the world wont detract from the fact that YOU are the one causing the strife in the staff, YOU are the one actively working against the life of this server, YOU are the one who had the fucking gall to post "Hey when I get back I want to review and ban these 10 people I dont like". Is that something a leader should do? Is that something STAFF should do? I mean fucking telling us to LIE about the blackmail scheme you had about Hoodoo? Are you fucking insane? You are inept, and frankly I know now why this server has lived as long as it has; You were barely involved. I'd gladly come back to staff if you were even demoted down to just an admin, because you have proven youself time and time again at being utterly inept and out of touch with the community and the staffmembers who are trying to run "Your server". Your server...my fucking left nut. You have no interest in this beyond the fact that you've "invested six years", like time means anything.

I eagerly await the day that you get bored and leave the server for nearly a year again. Because I strongly doubt you're actually going to bother interacting with the community in a meaningful way. You still have no idea what people actually want, thinking they want to go back to your huge "Elf empire" style events where your character was the hero every time. You keep acting like people are privaledged to be in your sandbox. Its not just yours anymore, and you continue to fail to recognize this. I know you made some big post in the OOC-Chat countering everything I said, but this is what? The fourth time you've done this at least? Why should I believe even an ounce of what you're saying?

I look forward to still being on the server and enjoying it for what it is, but I have no desire to ever work 'under you', ever again. Since thats how you viewed the staff. Underlings. Not equals, not even after we tried to get into a model of voting and communal decision making. You're the boss, and you're going to die on that hill alone.
Slingding

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting