Yell at Ace thread

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Yell at Ace thread

Postby AZUCHI » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:57 pm

ANOTHER THING alot of people wouldnt want to post this because they thought that they would be BANNED on the spot for complaining about you ace.
AZUCHI

Postby SwoleAwoo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:58 pm

I do not agree that someone who seems to be so uninvolved with the community should wield so much power and use it like a scythe through wheat, ignoring any opinions that dont validate your own.
SwoleAwoo

Postby Thranos » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Thranos

Postby radiantAurora » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Thranos wrote:Image

this
so much this
radiantAurora

Postby Nanaki » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Ace, the main issue is that you are absent most of the time, but then you have this habit of coming back, and trying to do massive changes without any rationale or reason. You get pushed back on this, tempers flare, and then you dissapear for a while after the fact. Dragor usually bears the brunt of these spasms, which is why he was the first to resign. Especially since he has been at the receiving end of your temper multiple times to the point where you have removed him as headmin multiple times, only to reinstate him again after the rest of the staff protests.

The fact that this happened again today, and that you tried to force through your decision again, is the straw that broke the camel's back. At this point, there needs to be a change of direction. Ace, you need to stop whiplashing between 'Absent' and 'Not-so-benign Dictator'. You were at your best when you gently guided things, running events on the server, and the like. Also, at this point, simply apologizing is not going to fix the problem. You need to step down from Headmin and Host. Maybe for a few months, maybe permanently. You think we can survive this, but, truth be told? Dragor, Slingblade, Kisuke, and Duke? They all were massive helps, especially Dragor, in restricting your more destructive impulses. Now they are gone, so I fear for the next time you decide to make a massive executive decision. Another factor is that you do have a past history of retaliating against staff during disagreements, usually Dragor bearing the brunt of this, which, combined with what happened today, is going to weigh down on the minds of anyone going forward.

Ace, you need to let go. If you do not, this server will likely not survive for a whole lot longer.

More specifically, you need to let go of the executive position, maybe step back to Admin or even just Game Master, which is exactly the kind of things I feel you need to be doing. You need to be more active in a lower role, not as an executive. You need to stop whiplashing between top executive and inactivity.
Last edited by Nanaki on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanaki

Postby AegisOA » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 pm

I was going to type something in the lobby, because I'm still... torn up about this, but, fuck it, that's going here instead.

I've always liked this community, and I still do. It's why I feel so torn up about this happening without knowing until it's already come to pass. It's like trying to keep an abusive father from brothers you care about, only, the "argument" has already come and gone. There's no screaming at the brick wall, just people who have been hurt.
Like, it's more than just "muh vore server". I've never, ever found a place quite so... supportive, by comparison. Friendly. It's surprised me time and time again. I feel comfortable here, and never before have I had people actually try reaching out to me, checking up on me. This bombshell just... hurts all the more for it, after this. I don't like seeing people I care about suffer, to any degree; not being able to help, be it as simple as chipping in my own two cents, makes me feel so powerless to help.
AegisOA

Postby Lio that there snek priest » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:02 pm

The end is neigh.

Nah but no joke the only thing that can make this many Community favorite admins quit on the spot must be horrible manegement.

i love your writing Ace, but i dont think your a good Admind. and in like almost a year of being on your Server and meeting you 2 times despite being very active. you dont live up to you own quality standard. and seem to be scaring away the people who actually care
Lio that there snek priest

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:06 pm

The worst part is that a lot of this was stuff that's been told to Ace over and over again. I've complained to Demi about Ace's behavior on multiple occasions, I'm not at all surprised that this happened either. Just disappointed. And it's disappointing to think that after this thread is over, Ace is going to ignore everything that's said and we'll all get a little bit of that negative personal bias from the Host of the server. I honestly hope that I'm proven wrong, but he's literally spoken about having a list of players he wanted to axe, "but Staff talked him out of it", and now a few of those staff members are gone.

edit: and to think the only thing we needed to get the forums active again was to have a "Who thinks Ace really fucked this up" thread. Go figure.
Last edited by Wickedtemp on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wickedtemp

Postby Jboy2000000 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:09 pm

I have a few other grievances, ones that led to me not wanting to play on this server for a long time in several bouts thanks to how the server and community was run but I'll leave this to things I've felt about Ace.

First, I want to bring up the announcement post Ace made in the announcement channel in the Discord after one of his long and many hiatus. Midway through, he made it very sure he didn't want to see anything related to his role as the servers absentee father, even though he said he didn't want to see any 'jokes' about, I highly doubt it was limited to people poking fun at him. It felt like he didn't want to ever say he'd try to be better, just that he didn't want anyone to point out his short comings. And the end is highly ironic now, where he said he loved the server too much to leave or step down, and now he's emptied the mod team of several people that seemed to actually care about the server to actually be around most of the time, and worked to help the server in their own ways.

And like people are saying, I am almost certain that anyone and everyone posting here is going to get a swift, silent ban from every aspect of this server, so no one will ever know that the people that had legitimate grievances still have them, and the server will suffer in silence until a new wave of problems arise from it, and the new desenters are also thrown away, and no one is left expect for the people Ace likes and approves of, or those that 'know better' than dare to have an issue with Ace, or anyone else he likes.
Jboy2000000

Postby Axelthegreat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:The worst part is that a lot of this was stuff that's been told to Ace over and over again. I've complained to Demi about Ace's behavior on multiple occasions, I'm not at all surprised that this happened either. Just disappointed. And it's disappointing to think that after this thread is over, Ace is going to ignore everything that's said and we'll all get a little bit of that negative personal bias from the Host of the server. I honestly hope that I'm proven wrong, but he's literally spoken about having a list of players he wanted to axe, "but Staff talked him out of it", and now a few of those staff members are gone.

I'm holding off until the official announcement, should that come, to give my full post. But that last statement. This is news to me, and EXTREMELY worrying.
Axelthegreat

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting