Public Fax

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Public Fax

Postby orbisa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:07 pm

So, It has been bugging to me for a while... Why is there not a way to contact Central outside of being a head or cargo?

I ask this becouse most if not all the times I needed to contact Central about problems were... thanks to a head shenanigans.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Re: Public Fax

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Internal Affairs Agent, which no one seems to play.

CentCom doesn't wanna be bugged by the crew. If you're desperate, smash out the cargo window and use theirs. :P
Aces

Postby Kayleen » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:36 pm

If there's neither a head nor cargo, it's one hella slow day.
Kayleen

Postby Scree » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:25 pm

When it's cargo who are being asses, it's good for other crew to have an avenue of contact. I vote librarian. It's not like they've got anything else to do.
Scree

Postby warbrand2 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:14 pm

I second that vote the library is underused.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:38 pm

Actually that's not a bad idea.
Aces

Postby Arbon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:40 am

Librarians having a viable, worthwhile use that can actually aid someone else on station? That might defeat the main reason a lot of people go librarian, to be an assistant for a while without actually being an assistant. But put the fax machine in their small private study so only the librarian gets access and this could be a huge boon to people who want to actually /play/ a librarian as opposed to just defaulting to one.
Arbon

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:29 am

Arbon wrote:Librarians having a viable, worthwhile use that can actually aid someone else on station? That might defeat the main reason a lot of people go librarian, to be an assistant for a while without actually being an assistant. But put the fax machine in their small private study so only the librarian gets access and this could be a huge boon to people who want to actually /play/ a librarian as opposed to just defaulting to one.

The only reason library is "assistant without being an assistant" is MySQL is broken in the old code. If you want to play an assistant, play a real assistant. The library is sometimes used by people who actually want to use it as a librarian job--and not just a pseudo-assistant. In the new code, MySQL will properly function and the library will have an actual purpose again.
Aces

Postby Dhaeleena » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:18 am

Security needs a fax machine, only the hos has one at least give another to the warden. I feel like it can be used for serious stuff when there is no HoS or Internal affairs, cuz you can't just go to cargo and give them a maybe classified or very secret or important of who knows what paper for them to fax.
Dhaeleena

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:47 am

Dhaeleena wrote:Security needs a fax machine, only the hos has one at least give another to the warden. I feel like it can be used for serious stuff when there is no HoS or Internal affairs, cuz you can't just go to cargo and give them a maybe classified or very secret or important of who knows what paper for them to fax.

Probably not a bad idea.
Aces

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting