food rework idea

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

food rework idea

Postby TheDavestDave » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:02 am

So protein shakes, rasions, and rations are overly used at the moment. They can quickly feed people in not many click, and only take up one solt. Not only that but rations and protein shakes heal blood loss to the point of being used heavily by medics

I think the real problem here is that it ignores taste, and real food is worse gameplay wise. Fruit and veg are worse than junkfood. Only big pizzas, roast beef, and other work heavy food are as good as rations and few foods have any healing benifits as is. And the ones that do are much worse than food.

So the common thing agianst most people who think this is the nerf the offending rations, but that makes eatting a more of a hassle. I think we need to buff the real food.

So I was thinking we could get around this by having real food give buffs to the player. Not medical level buffs but enought to push players towards going to the kitchen. Such as a slight speed boost, and healing worse than tricord. Maybe even damage resistance worse than jumpsuits aswell.

If we created a regaint called food for example it's possible to change recipies or to have it, while leaveing junkfood and protien shakes alone. They will still be the go to food for can't be bothered eatting, but now people will have a reason to go to the kichten.
TheDavestDave

Re: food rework idea

Postby Wickedtemp » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:20 am

The primary reason we have a kitchen isn't so much as food as it is the rp factor around the hangout area that the food happens to be served in. If any manner of buff is given to food items, people wanting to make use of the buff will either aimply take it "to go" if its a decent buff, or ignore it entirely if its not.

Taste in and of itself is ignored for being unfinished and pointless. Taste is subjective anyway, especially across different species, let alone the individuals in the species, so it completely falls apart as a mechanic. And to add to it, if it hasn't been fixed, a number of foods (like anything carrot related) should taste like food, but instead are set to taste horribly due to naturally occurring reagents, like imidazoline, which ruins the taste of everything.

Some food items already have minor healing properties for people that want to push it, though I seriously suggest leaving medical treatment to medical. You can get rid of minor toxins with tea, but you can't cleanse the radiation or infection that caused it.
Wickedtemp

Re: food rework idea

Postby Scree » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:27 am

chicken soup as a virus cure, make it happen
Scree

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting