[Feedback] Werewolf Event hosted by Catblaster

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[Feedback] Werewolf Event hosted by Catblaster

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:26 am

This is where you'll post your compliments, complaints and what have you about the recent event that occured on the server. Please, keep things civil. Danke.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Re: [Feedback] Werewolf Event hosted by Catblaster

Postby Zap-zapper » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 am

The whole point of event

Zap-zapper

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:39 am

Mlem.

Pretty much went as well as it could have from my experience. Nobody expected we'd get 150 people ingame, so of course not everyone is going to get a scene. Even if the werewolf players ignored their own prefs and just went for everyone.

My only issue --and its small, and its not just for this event but for absurdly high population in general, which again, NOBODY was expecting so many people -- all of the, uh..jobs...were pretty much taken. When I got around to joining,
this was all that was left. So I think it might be prudent for future rounds if we increased job-slots where its feasible. It'd require some small mapping changes to add in more equipment where its needed, but it should be do-able.

Edit: But, yeah. This event was great, I hope we get more stuff like this, more stuff in general.

EditEdit: Kayleen also mentioned a good thing. Framing event-characters as nonantags is a great way to remove any and all IC reasons for raised alerts, Command freakouts, Sec freakouts, etc. Thinking of ways to do this for future events, even the more borderline ones where some people are getting kidnapped and such, would go a long way toward stopping or lessening the perma-code-blue/red sec-spotlights in events where we don't want those to happen.
Last edited by Wickedtemp on Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wickedtemp

Postby Araaramra_Hadii » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:41 am

I had a lot of fun. It was great to see so many people online. I'm looking forward to seeing more events like this.
Araaramra_Hadii

Postby Kayleen » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 am

I also think it went really well. It's unfortunate that not everyone got a scene, but that was really inevitable.

It was a really good call to have centcom announce that all the werebeasts were still crewmembers and should be treated as such. It pretty much eliminated the problem of people viewing the werebeasts as antags and trying to robust them, or just generally making life hard.
Last edited by Kayleen on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kayleen

Postby Seert » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:46 am

I'm neutral on the event. I didn't particular enjoy it, but I don't have a reason to say I disliked it. I just don't have a reason to agree to this being a thing every month like I'm hearing it might be considered for.

It's a fun concept and I had some fun moments out of it, but things were a little too chaotic with the amount of players on at once and such. All I can say as any sort of complaint is the mild opinion that the werebeast sprites were bulky and awkward. Something is just off about them. Maybe it was how the characters had their identifiable head and facial features, maybe it was the shoulders. They didn't look very appealing to me, but again this is a personal opinion.

I think people overreacted to the "threat" of this round, though. Ultimately it seemed only a handful of people followed along with the first floor being werewolf-free, and even then a chunk of them weren't staying. I don't understand what the point of that was now.

Had fun beating up Bradwolf and acting only mildly concerned by Joanna's bulk in the middle of the hallway, though.
Seert

Postby Harry.K » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:46 am

https://imgur.com/gallery/k4LuQE0

Everyone else - Plays in 8~12 PM when event starts

Other timezones - Never gets a chance in any sort of events anyways, going to work in 6~9 AM due to timezone
Harry.K

Postby Varonis » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:52 am

Seert wrote:I'm neutral on the event. I didn't particular enjoy it, but I don't have a reason to say I disliked it. I just don't have a reason to agree to this being a thing every month like I'm hearing it might be considered for.

I will say this, the event is not going to be a monthly thing maybe not even a bi-monthly. The event will return in the future after staff have really read over everything people have said about the event and every way that it can be improved upon.
Varonis

Postby AnastasiaOccult » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:07 am

To condense an otherwise lengthy and already spoken opinion, the event was fun, coordinated well and most people seemed to have a blast. The complaints, too many people at once, the server probably hiccuped as a result of that. I crashed a couple times, but I'm not sure if that was the result of the high-pop or if it was just something wonky with BYOND. Didn't ruin any scenes for me, but if this is what I can expect next time, then I have high hopes for future werebeast events.
Dr. Anastasia Ewart, Sociocultural Anthropologist and Xenoarcheologist
AnastasiaOccult

Postby VerySoft » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:38 am

I spoke these things to duke already, but!

just make the wolves out of bounds be the dorms, and tell them not to spawn camp if that's a concern. Otherwise there's not really any reason to restrict them from going anywhere, especially if they continue being 'normal crew but with more predatory tendancies'

In practice, the event was well recieved. The server didn't like how many people there were, but that's sort of what you get for putting out an @everyone every other day for like a week or two~ But! Mostly people had fun, and we need more events like the ones we've had lately, that get people coming around.

The main critique from most I think will be 'there weren't enough wolves I want to get fucked by 14 werewolves :C' but all in all, the big secondary draw to these things is bringing people together. Spacemans is most fun when you can meet new friends and have a good time. The more people we have around, the more new friends there are to meet, even if you're not directly interacting with the event, there's probably someone around who's prefs line up with yours who you haven't met before.
VerySoft

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting