[Suggestion] New Machine for Medical: the EGG

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[Suggestion] New Machine for Medical: the EGG

Postby Tibbnak » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:12 pm

The Enzymatic Gene Germinator, or E.G.G.: A new machine for medical/genetics.

What you need: The machine, a gene kit, a cloning tube or similar apparatus, electricity, a small array of organic chemicals (such as nutriment, oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and possibly some other exotic elements in some situations), and optionally a slime sentience potion.

How it works: When first initiated, the machine contains no genetic data, so when you open the interface you will see something similar to a cut down combination of the general character setup tab + the vore tab, focused specifically on the body and description setup stuff as well as a basic visualization. There will be very few options available, if any.

You will need to go harvest genetic data (such as hair, saliva, skin cells, blood, etc) from both simple and complex beings around the station and/or space/lavaland, or order random samples through cargo. Do note, that harvesting from a sentient being without consent is against space law.

Once you do, you can load these samples into the machine. Doing so unlocks more and more options to customize and create a creature of your choosing.

Once you've found a happy Frankenstein hot neo catgirl Teshari or whatever to make, you can either save it to a disk for later, or load it into the buffer to start growing. The buffer will require an array of chemicals to be loaded into the machine, and then uses the slurry to slowly grow an entire body.

Do note, that these bodies are mindless by default, and are only good for sleeving into or mad experiments or the like.

If you include a slime sentience potion in the mix, however, as well as a neural lace, the EGG will attempt to create your very own existential anomaly (Pulls from random ghost that's active and has pref enabled for it).

Do note, that while technically sentient, and uplifted via neural lace to have basic general adult knowledge language and neural implant operation, these creatures are property of Nanotrasen until otherwise contractually sold or bartered, and are required to have clear serial number markings for identification purposes.

OOC stuff:

People starting as one of these probably get a message like, "You have an understanding of language, general adult concepts, and mindlink operation, but you have no prior memories or background before waking up in this tube."
It'd probably be neat if starting as one of these allowed you to save it to a character slot and keep persistent changes, as well as an on-examine identification that can't normally be selected in character gen, though maybe that can just be handled via ooc info.
Not sure if the person creating the body should be able to define the ooc info/visuals or not? It'd make sense I suppose.
Tibbnak

Re: [Suggestion] New Machine for Medical: the EGG

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:47 am

It's an interestin' idea, but I can spot two problems with this initial idea.

First...
Do note, that while technically sentient, and uplifted via neural lace to have basic general adult knowledge language and neural implant operation, these creatures are property of Nanotrasen until otherwise contractually sold or bartered, and are required to have clear serial number markings for identification purposes.

Not entirely sure that'd be legal.

And second, they'd be technically underage.
ArgobargSoup

Postby Tibbnak » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:00 am

Then so would cyborgs.
Tibbnak

Postby Tibbnak » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:26 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:It's an interestin' idea, but I can spot two problems with this initial idea.

According to Virgo's spacelaw and server rules, the mental age is what matters. This is why positronic cyborgs and prometheans aren't considered underage despite them capable of being in the sub-5 years of age area. That is why the first 'issue' is not an issue. They are uplifted to adult mental state.

The second 'issue', is also a non issue, because sentient and quasi-sentient ownership is specifically something NT does on a daily basis in Xenobio and Robotics. Prometheans are also NT property.
Tibbnak

Postby Heroman3003 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:11 am

There is a problem with characters being underage, on actual irl legal level. Even possible ages for full positronics/drones have been limited to be 18+ only recently because of that. Despite the whole mental age thing.
Heroman3003

Postby Aces » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:36 pm

Robots also aren't alive. Their age is not relevant.

Obviously there would be issues if a robot looked and acted like a child, though.
Aces

Postby Vorrarkul » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:10 pm

I want to make sure I'm understanding this suggestion: is it positing we add in cloneable, sentient, pets? As in, the possibility of creating a live, sentient being, born into what sounds unequivocally like slavery? That thing which is outlawed in SolGov space? A creature with the same mental capabilities of a human but with their rights and freedoms limited to those of a domesticated pet?

I'm all down for petplay shenanigans but this sounds like it'd conflict in a significant way with the lore of our setting.

Also robots can be just as alive as you or me you robophobe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Aces » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:54 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:I want to make sure I'm understanding this suggestion: is it positing we add in cloneable, sentient, pets? As in, the possibility of creating a live, sentient being, born into what sounds unequivocally like slavery? That thing which is outlawed in SolGov space? A creature with the same mental capabilities of a human but with their rights and freedoms limited to those of a domesticated pet?

I'm all down for petplay shenanigans but this sounds like it'd conflict in a significant way with the lore of our setting.

Also robots can be just as alive as you or me you robophobe.

That would be against SolGov law, yes.
Aces

Postby Wickedtemp » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:15 am

Tbh its basically just a more involved and in-depth resleever that forces random ghosted people into whatever you created, which doesnt sound good. Iunno why this thread was even brought back after no responses since the start of last summer.
Wickedtemp

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting