Tailless Animal Ear Accessoriess

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Tailless Animal Ear Accessoriess

Postby Alicia Jewel » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 pm

I've heard that a shiny new character creation system is in the works, but if that isn't something that'll happen in the near future, could we get tailless versions of the mouse, cat, fox, etc. ears so that they don't overlap with Tajaran, Unathi, and Sergal tails? (Hopefully I didn't forget about any other folks with tails.)
Alicia Jewel

Re: Tailless Animal Ear Accessoriess

Postby orbisa » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:39 pm

On the coding part, since we have a HAS tail tag on those races, I think we could add a flag on those accesories and overrride the base tail pershaps?
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Aces » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:21 pm

I swear there is a hide tail flag somewhere but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is.
Aces

Postby Scree » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:40 pm

It the flag's anywhere for you to look for examples, it'll be in the hardsuits.
Scree

Postby orbisa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Eh, spacesuit code might not work, since it checks the following on the update_icons.dm to hide the tail

if(!wear_suit || !(wear_suit.flags_inv & HIDEJUMPSUIT) && !istype(wear_suit, /obj/item/clothing/suit/space))

unless I use an !istye with the tailless demi accesories... wich while we are at it, we might as well change them all togeder and give them their own slot...
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Aces » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:46 pm

What really needs to be done is somehow make it so animal ears are a character select option and not a headgear accessory.
Aces

Postby orbisa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 pm

I been trying to look that way, it doesn't look.. easy.

NIGHTWING COME BACKKKKKKK

ejem. But is possible. pershaps less harsh than the skin tone code, but we will swim a bit on the dark on this one
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby orbisa » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:55 pm

So far, this is I think the best upgrade we can make, and yet the hardest one I found to do, if we can get someone who ever added slots, will appreciate it
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Molenar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:17 am

if all else fails it would be pretty simple to edit the tails out for a set of ear only accessories. though that would double the items to the accessory vend
Molenar

Postby orbisa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:38 am

Yes, that would result in a tails set and a fluff set, fortunadly we have tails already coded in, races just have their tails hardcoded... problem would result from the rigsuits sprites and such
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Next

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting