Wiki and forum account creation issues.

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Wiki and forum account creation issues.

Postby Verkister » Wed May 09, 2018 12:58 am

It appears there's some things pretty broken what comes to account creation in both, the forums, and the wiki, which should be using the same account info anyway as far as I know.

For the forum registration thing, where the wiki registration also redirects, the captcha thing is outdated and inoperable.

On the Wiki side, trying to log in with your forum account ony brings up an error message.
OUCH!
Verkister

Re: Wiki and forum account creation issues.

Postby ArgobargSoup » Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 am

Dunno about the wiki part, but the registration/password reset captcha thing's been updated now.
ArgobargSoup

Postby JoanRisu » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Are there still troubles with logging into the wiki? If you've been having problems, please list what you did in steps down below. Step by step is important so we can troubleshoot each step carefully.
JoanRisu

Postby TheFurryFeline » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:59 pm

JoanRisu wrote:Are there still troubles with logging into the wiki? If you've been having problems, please list what you did in steps down below. Step by step is important so we can troubleshoot each step carefully.

I'm going to post what I did on the discord.....
Tried to see if changing my password on the auth page would work for the wiki and still popping up with the same issue. Let's see if a test account will work.....

Uhhh Key not valid???

I made a test account with a different email, clicked the verification link and came up with this.....

I'm thinking that this here might be the root of the problem. :V
TheFurryFeline

Postby MaximumOverlizard » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:31 pm

H'okay. Currently logged into my forum account. Writing this live as I go.

Went to http://auth.vore-station.net/ to log in. Used my forum login, logged in successfully.

Went to https://wiki.vore-station.net/index.php ... =Main+Page to log in. Used the same info, checked "Remember me."

Auto-creation of a local account failed: Automatic account creation is not allowed.

Went to https://wiki.vore-station.net/Special:PasswordReset to see if the account exists. Supplied username. It did not work as MaximumOverlizard, Maximumoverlizard, or maximumoverlizard.

There is no user by the name "MaximumOverlizard". Usernames are case sensitive. Check your spelling, or create a new account.

Provided the e-mail associated with this account.
If this email address is associated with your account, then a password reset email will be sent.

Return to Main Page.

No e-mail received.
MaximumOverlizard

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting