[Suggestion] Vore pannel tinkering in character setup window

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[Suggestion] Vore pannel tinkering in character setup window

Postby Shadowmane » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 am

First of all, let me just say that I'm not actually sure how viable this is from a coding perspective. Still I hope you hear me out on this all the same. ^^;

As the station's vore features have grown more complex and capable of doing more things, configuring the vore panel has also grown more time consuming. At this point, I think it's safe to say that writing flavor text and belly messages for new characters (and updating descriptions for old ones) now takes nearly as much time as actually creating a character by itself (again, assuming that one goes through the trouble filling out the flavor text boxes). As such, I figure that it might be a good idea to look at making it possible to edit the vore panel while outside of the round via the character setup window. That way new characters don't have to spend time sitting in the corner of an abandoned hallway typing out their belly descriptions and tinkering with all the settings in the vore panel and can instead go straight into playing the game itself. It would also help returning players who want to update their old vore settings as well.

Of course, I'm sure their are plenty of coding reasons why this might be difficult/impossible, but I still think it's worth a look all the same.
Shadowmane

Re: [Suggestion] Vore pannel tinkering in character setup wi

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Would be neat. Tempest has about sixteen vore panel 'bellies', and all of them have their own flavor text, internal and external struggle messages, examine texts, etc. It took quite a bit of time to make them all. Currently, I just spawn in as a visitor on a lowpop round and go to a dorm to work on it. It's not too big of an inconvenience, but it does mean I pretty much have to play a round dedicated to just working on the vore panel. Can't join as doctor or chemist or anything else where I could be interrupted.
Wickedtemp

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting