Re-balance genetics

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Re-balance genetics

Postby Arbon » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:41 pm

I have tried testing the warmth super-power with that, and it just about triples the amount of time it takes to digest you. Seeing as it does not make you space worthy, in normal conditions then extending digestion is about the only use for it, with fire-fighting being a theoretical but untested use I now want to try out. Part of why its still annoying whenever security thinks thermal resistance is a form of contraband and tries to arrest someone for having it.
Arbon

Postby Aces » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:43 pm

Well they're wrong. It's not contraband.
Aces

Postby Vorrarkul » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Firstly, maybe more lawyers to shut up the offending security officers, secondly, the tests which were done in the IC thread on here have led me to believe that warmth reduces but does not stop burn damage. Though this is interesting stuff to ICly test, I'll admit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Kayleen » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:30 pm

IIRC, Ace actually said that he can't make digestion any slower without it healing naturally faster than it can be dealt.
Kayleen

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Kayleen wrote:IIRC, Ace actually said that he can't make digestion any slower without it healing naturally faster than it can be dealt.

Correct.

Or making it all one damage type which is lame. Also causes horrible things to happen.
Aces

Postby Kayleen » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Correct, all one damage type causes screaming and/or other things. You could argue it's a good thing, but screaming is what RP's for!
Kayleen

Postby Vorrarkul » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:06 pm

And even then, there's still the occasional scream. The total number is like, 3, in all my months of playing, but yeah. Even our current digestion system isn't totally perfect.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting