suggestion: hidden dorms

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

suggestion: hidden dorms

Postby warbrand2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:00 am

A minor suggestion for the new station as custom start areas can be best by the mods (I think) maybe add 2 or 3 hidden dorms in public access maintenance for "none crew" and monster characters to spawn at.

for example my character brandon/brandy would spawn in one as he/she tend to hide on station for weeks at end before actually doing work these would be good lore friendly start areas for players like that or monster players like scree.

They would also be good for scenes where something "illegal" might be going on where the standard dorms may be to close to the public eye.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Re: suggestion: hidden dorms

Postby Scree » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:49 am

Scree takes the shuttle to work like everyone else. I believe Kayleen is adding little rooms to maintenance on the new map, which is slightly bigger and has a lot more little secluded maintenance closets and the like already.
Scree

Postby Arbon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Eeeehhh, if its players spawning in at a place other than the shuttle, the areas won't be hidden now will they. If its an admin spawning a monster in, I'm pretty sure thats what places on the mining asteroid are for, or just intentionally find a place that players don't happen to be standing in at that moment. There should be hidden away pockets and empty rooms to find in maint, naturally, but giving them a dedicated purpose just limits player options seeing as we want these rooms for scenes and engineering projects.
Arbon

Postby Kayleen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Scree wrote:Scree takes the shuttle to work like everyone else. I believe Kayleen is adding little rooms to maintenance on the new map, which is slightly bigger and has a lot more little secluded maintenance closets and the like already.

Yup! Lots of spaces to hide in and eat folks. Should be great.
Kayleen

Postby Molenar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:59 pm

I 'd like to see another thing like the abandoned room where there is a large secluded space to go and toy around with things in
Molenar

Postby Kayleen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:30 am

I actually had an interesting idea for that I might try out; adding zoned areas to space that you can build and then fill with air. It might work in theory, but it might also horribly break ZAS.
Kayleen

Postby orbisa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:32 am

In the current code, to do that first build walls on the area you want 'zoned', then break them down, the horrible "not space" tile bug won't happen,and the tiles there won't lose air.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Kayleen » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:36 pm

In Dream Maker? I'm not sure that would be any different than simply leaving it as space from the start.
Kayleen

Postby orbisa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:58 pm

We should test the new code first to see if it's still imposible to make new rooms without the walls trick
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting