Announcements not exclusive to Discord

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Announcements not exclusive to Discord

Postby gameaddict0700 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Is there any way you could post IC and OOC announcements in places other than Discord? If you're not in the Discord then you have literally no way of knowing what's going on at all. I still don't know what all that stuff with the Elves was about, nor did I have any warning that an event was even going to happen.
gameaddict0700

Re: Announcements not exclusive to Discord

Postby ZorrenFreak1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:51 pm

I'm not sure if this will help, But I would like to boost this. I feel like its a important part of helping the community. If we at least has some form of Calendar or Perhaps a IC Live NT feed. Just being a outside webpage that displaces the OOC-Announcement and Nanotrasen-Bulletin-Board from discord.

Edit (9/24/17) I think I may have found a possible solution. https://titanembeds.com/about This team has made a Addon that allows for the embedding of Discord chats onto a web page. So it could be possible to make something like ~Crew-manifest just with OOC and NT announcements.
ZorrenFreak1

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm

At the moment, I want to explore solutions that sends OOC announcements from the announcement forum to the Discord before talking about using embedded solutions.
JoanRisu

Postby ZorrenFreak1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm

JoanRisu wrote:At the moment, I want to explore solutions that sends OOC announcements from the announcement forum to the Discord before talking about using embedded solutions.

I agree with your concept, I was simply offering this as a already present possible solution. My main concern is implementation of a solution that connects the Forums and the Discord. From Forums to the Discord or Vice-Versa does not matter. Any chance to give the Forum some use besides being a application dumping ground.
ZorrenFreak1

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting