[suggestion] Public Think Tank: Make Default Borgs Useful

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[suggestion] Public Think Tank: Make Default Borgs Useful

Postby elizaspider » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:00 am

This is a public discussion in which we exchange ideas on how to make the default-loadout cyborg actually useful, instead of just being "that loadout you spend ten seconds on before you actually pick your loadout". Anyone may contribute their thoughts, or even thoughts against changing the loadout at all.

My own idea comes in two main changes, which are as follows:
  • Provide default borgs with a passive "efficiency drive", which reduces the amount at which its power cell drains by about 80%. This means that no matter what size of power cell you put in a default borg, it's effectively five times bigger than it would be for other loadouts.
  • With all this extra power, the borg needs a reason to use it, which brings me to the next change: a "power transfer cable" tool. The default borg can plug this into any device that runs on power cells, including APCs and other borgs, to transfer power from the default borg too the device in question. And yes, the power drained from the default borg is also reduced by the efficiency drive.
I feel these changes will give default borgs a useful yet utilitarian role as walking power supplies, which would also be useful for things such as a lack of engineering teams, or an exosuit that runs out of power in the middle of a hallway.
elizaspider

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting