[suggestion] Glowing body custom race setting

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

[suggestion] Glowing body custom race setting

Postby Shadowmane » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:19 am

I just recently found the custom race settings thanks to someone I met on station and after looking through them (and applying a few to some of my characters who needed them), I thought of something that would be pretty cool. What if we gave people the option of making their character glow in a color of their choosing? Like as if they had a glow stick equipped, but without needing to carry one around. :)

I also figure that in order to keep this 'power' from being OP you could limit the light produced to the amount normally given off by a glow stick. It seems like a cool idea since I know a couple people (including myself) play characters with glowing body parts and this would give them a chance to actually use that ability in a way others can see. As for whether it would be a neutral trait or a positive one, I'll personally leave that up to the admins to decide since they probably have a better understanding of game balance than I do.

Of course, implementing this would probably require the creation of a new verb to switch the glow on and off, so I imagine it's easier said than done. ^^; But still, it would be really awesome to actually have it be part of one's character rather than having to carry around the appropriate color glowstick. :)
Shadowmane

Re: [suggestion] Glowing body custom race setting

Postby Scree » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:35 pm

A bioluminescent ability would be pretty neat. I've got it implemented on Scree as his little anglerfish thingus, but for code reasons it's actually a hat.
Scree

Postby Ketrai » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:56 pm

honestly, I don't see this ever really being overpowered. PDA => tiny glow already, the only shame in it being of a boring white dim. I'd totally find it awesome to be able to have a slight glow. Not a fan of toggling glow on and off, but that's personal pref, but if the majority likes it toggleable, I guess why not.
Ketrai

Postby Shadowmane » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:17 am

Well, that's at least two people who think this is a good idea~ :) Also, thanks for the support, Scree. Tbh, you were one of the first people I thought of when I mentioned others with glowing body parts~ :D
Shadowmane

Postby SilverTalismen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:12 am

I would be fine with this, would be a nice body marking to have too, so we could have glowy body markings.
SilverTalismen

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting