Move to Polaris Codebase

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Would you be okay changing codebases? (read the post)

Yes, I would be fine moving.
80%
I am indifferent.
10%
No, I would not be fine moving.
10%

Total votes : 51

Re: Move to Polaris Codebase

Postby Alicia Jewel » Sun May 08, 2016 6:29 pm

I've been playing on Polaris for a while, and holy crap, yes, I would love to see Virgo's code imported to it.

I've got one question, though: Would we be keeping Teshari?
Alicia Jewel

Postby Aces » Sun May 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Alicia Jewel wrote:I've been playing on Polaris for a while, and holy crap, yes, I would love to see Virgo's code imported to it.

I've got one question, though: Would we be keeping Teshari?

Are those the raptor-bird-things that freak out when they aren't around people?

I haven't decided. :P
Aces

Postby Scree » Sun May 08, 2016 6:47 pm

inb4 anxious little dinobird gets stressed out by being alone and devours the first person they meet so they can have some company.
Scree

Postby Aces » Sun May 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Scree wrote:inb4 anxious little dinobird gets stressed out by being alone and devours the first person they meet so they can have some company.

oh god that'd be adorable
Aces

Postby arokha » Sun May 08, 2016 9:32 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:Got a version of the map that shows where those lifeboats are? Because the only place it looks like you could have lifeboats around that size is in the bottom of the map, along with 4 of the escape pods. Said area bein' right next ta the engine and pretty much screwed if delamination happens, if what I'm readin' about delamination is true.

Though, does the cryo shuttle actually undock durin' the escape sequence? Because that alleviates a lot of my concerns. Another location ta clowncar survivors into. :P

They are hard to see on the map. Squint hard. One is to the right of medical, below virology. One is to the left of security. The medical one has a cryo and sleeper for patient use.

The 6 pods are: 2 by engineering (would be destroyed), 2 next to the north solar, 2 right of docking area.

Yes, the cryo shuttle leaves during the escape sequence.

Aces wrote:
Scree wrote:inb4 anxious little dinobird gets stressed out by being alone and devours the first person they meet so they can have some company.

oh god that'd be adorable

They don't really go violently crazy. It just adds hallucinate to them, and there's a limit to how far it will go from just being alone. Having someone in their stomach would count as company. Them being inside someone's stomach would not. We could fix that tho.
arokha

Postby arokha » Sun May 08, 2016 9:38 pm

arokha

Postby Pawoverlord » Sun May 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Ooooh, this would amazing to see Virgo imported into. I loved the station layout and a it's overall feel.
Pawoverlord

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sun May 08, 2016 11:31 pm

arokha wrote:They are hard to see on the map. Squint hard. One is to the right of medical, below virology. One is to the left of security. The medical one has a cryo and sleeper for patient use.

Ohhhhh. Those things. I thought those were just generic transportation shuttles ta get ta outside places. Concerns withdrawn. :P
arokha wrote:The 6 pods are: 2 by engineering (would be destroyed), 2 next to the north solar, 2 right of docking area.

So the 2 to the right of the dockin' area would be outside delamination range? Note ta self, set up a V.O.R.E.Station copy fer a delamination test. From everything I've heard, I was... expectin' a much bigger boom. A loose singu kicks delamination's ass in destruction.
Last edited by ArgobargSoup on Mon May 09, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArgobargSoup

Postby orbisa » Mon May 09, 2016 6:10 am

Do remember that some of the code virgo uses is already ported (and in some cases upgraded) thanks to the Eros team work, so while the Vore system will need to be ported, a good chunk of the work is already done in our codebase.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Emperor Darksider » Mon May 09, 2016 10:38 am

Medical Bay Issues.

I've spent a few minutes writing this up while looking at the possible new map.

I'm just going to list off a few problems I have with the possible new Medical Bay here as I'm told this is the place to put it. I'd like to just let you all know that this is all my opinion and that theses are all genuine concerns I have with it as I usually end up as one of, if not the only Medical Staff online.
(Also, feel free to ignore the nit-picking at the bottom)

Scanners, health and safety:
"Hey, watch it! That's my spleen you’re stepping on!"

If the advanced scanner or sleepers get busy it's going to be extremely hard for anyone in a hurry not to interrupt, move or injure someone by mistake. Not to mention the fact that their placed precariously in the MIDDLE of the Medical Bay.

Surgery Storage:
Dr House's Surgery Storage(TM)

Should we have a busy Surgery day it's going to be an even bigger pain in the ass then usual with where it's located as well as the fact that both of them now share a single Surgery Storage Room that is NOT connected to either of them.

Surgery Observation:
*Shrieks* "Sorry, wrong room!"

The Surgery Viewing rooms are now conjoined with only one way in. So now if you want to support someone going through something IC you run the risk of bumping into someone either watching or seeing someone get their organs removed.

Medical Check-up:
"All what’s left is a quick check up. Just follow me and ignore all the headless corpses."

The basic Medical Examination Room is now for some reason on the other side of the Medical Bay. You'd have to take someone threw half of the rest of the Medical Bay just to get them a quick (Usually Role Played) check-up.

Morgue Room:
"It gets up and kills, the people it kills get up and kill!"

Our almost never used Morgue has gotten even bigger. We almost never use that darn room, and I've never seen it even filled up to a quarter of its capacity on our current station. On the new map, it takes up even more space and has even more useless things in it.

Lack of Genetics and a Cloning Room.
"Bye, bye Geneticists. Hello Designated Cloner"

The Genetics lab is now practically non-existent and there is no longer a dedicated room for cloning! We've had a lot of players get into Genetics on the sever and now there's only enough room for one person to work there! Not to mention the fact that now the thing that the Geneticist will be mostly doing is cloning people because he won't have a chance to do much else.

Tending the cloned:
"SPASSE ASSHOLE!"

The closet thing we have to a Cloning Bay is now farther away from both the Cryo Room and the secondary Cryo Area. Combine that with the fact that the (Now oversized) break room is in between them makes it a pain to fully treat someone without a fully upgraded Cloner.

One way in from Reception:
"Please form an orderly quee in order to proceed."

Unlike our last two Medical Bays, there is only one door in from the Reception area (Not counting the employee only door that leads to Medical Storage). This can be a pretty big pain in the ass when it comes to busy shifts or something goes wrong and a lot of people are injured.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Nit-picking (Because I can)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patient Zero:
"Make yourself comfortable in here and ignore those escaping zombies."

In order to get to Virology you now need to go right up to and though the Patient Rooms. I keep going over things in my head that would happen in a non RP sever... I have no clue why it's made like this, no matter how hard I try I just can't see why.

Secondary Entry Way:
Assistant: "Please, I'm bleeding!"
Doctor: "Sorry, employees only here."

The secondary entry way into the Medical Bay runs right through what looks like the Paramedics staging grounds and the chemistry entry. Not a good combination to have to run through when busy.

Oversized Break Room:
"Oh, yeah... See, we would do that but we just started our Union allocated Break so.... Sorry?"

The breakroom is now oversized while other important parts of the Medical Bay are smaller. Also, the just treated patients cannot get themselves cleaned up in the Medical Bay without going THREW the breakroom.

There's no Psychiatric Ward.
"Enough Said."

I'd recommend this as quite a few (including myself) have asked for this.

New Layout:
"Nyeeh!"

I'm not a big fan of the new Medical Bay Layout, that’s just my opinion though.
Emperor Darksider

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion