Move to Polaris Codebase

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Would you be okay changing codebases? (read the post)

Yes, I would be fine moving.
80%
I am indifferent.
10%
No, I would not be fine moving.
10%

Total votes : 51

Re: Move to Polaris Codebase

Postby Kayleen » Sat May 07, 2016 1:08 am

Right, I didn't mean either the current bar or cafeteria should go, just one of them. I meant that to be ambiguous.
Kayleen

Postby Aces » Sat May 07, 2016 1:37 am

Oh yea the new code is way less fucking laggy.
Aces

Postby arokha » Sat May 07, 2016 1:45 am

Aces wrote:Oh yea the new code is way less fucking laggy.

Did you download it? We can reduce run speed if you want but I just gliiiiide across the station.
arokha

Postby Vorrarkul » Sat May 07, 2016 1:46 am

Can those who are experienced with Polaris code present any possible downsides apart from having to learn a new map, for the sake of argument?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Arbon » Sat May 07, 2016 2:53 am

Merging the coffee shop with the bar is a good idea, I especially like it as a deliberate area set aside for coffee with a different theme and color. But the cafeteria I'd appreciate if it remained as a separate "here is where you eat" place. Specifically because of the implied relations between sitting in a cafeteria when you have no mechanical reasons to actually stay there for more than a few seconds, and the name of the station is Virgo. If we could have sitting in the cafeteria be code for "I am searching for a scene" and sitting in the bar be code for "I am waiting around talking" thats all the better.

Too public of a place where everyone can see everyone is great for STARTING a scene, not so much for actually moving through with it.
Arbon

Postby Kayleen » Sat May 07, 2016 3:23 am

Arbon wrote:If we could have sitting in the cafeteria be code for "I am searching for a scene" and sitting in the bar be code for "I am waiting around talking" thats all the better.

But it also means everyone's spread over all over the place, which isn't really that fun at all and itself limits potential scenes further.
Kayleen

Postby SilverTalismen » Sat May 07, 2016 11:20 am

Uh, well i think the only issue with switching to polaris, Is the reimplimentation of our current Vore code
SilverTalismen

Postby arokha » Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 am

SilverTalismen wrote:Uh, well i think the only issue with switching to polaris, Is the reimplimentation of our current Vore code

Dun worry about that.
arokha

Postby arokha » Sat May 07, 2016 11:45 am

FYI I went and got on Polaris and ahelped to talk to staff, and discussed us forking from them. They are very friendly, didn't really care if we mentioned we forked from them (I offered them the option of us just kinda quietly doing it in case they didn't want to be associated), and seem like good people.
arokha

Postby cameron653 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:00 pm

I'd be all for moving our codebase to Polaris, as they appear to be very active and have some superb features.
cameron653

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion