Character size: What are good guidelines?

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Character size: What are good guidelines?

Postby Gramzon_the_Dragon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:21 pm

I've been wondering this for a while, and thinking about how the size categories work. There doesn't seem to be any official guideline to what height is qualified for each size. Mainly for the big and macro sizes.

For example, I have a character who is usually 12 feet tall, and I label him as big mechanic-wise. While I have seen someone at 11 feet or some labeled as macro. Just as I've seen people at 8 feet tall be normal and big. Is there any official guideline players should follow with this? Currently I just play it as each category is 2x the size of the one before it, and 1/2x the size of the one that is above it.
Gramzon_the_Dragon

Re: Character size: What are good guidelines?

Postby Tasald » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Another good question is how big are the hall ways. I think I've seen that asked be for but can't remember where.
Tasald

Postby Vorrarkul » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:35 pm

If I recall correctly, hallway size is largely handwaved as bluespace letting crew of any size onboard.

As for the macro/micro sizes, it's largely up to interpretation. Most tiny micros like to play as though they were as small as a mouse, even though they'd reach up to your knee if they were accurate to the sprite's relative sizes. Likewise, macros like to play as very very big sometimes, even though they technically are only twice the height of normal crew, sprite-wise.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby rikaru19 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:If I recall correctly, hallway size is largely handwaved as bluespace letting crew of any size onboard.

As for the macro/micro sizes, it's largely up to interpretation. Most tiny micros like to play as though they were as small as a mouse, even though they'd reach up to your knee if they were accurate to the sprite's relative sizes. Likewise, macros like to play as very very big sometimes, even though they technically are only twice the height of normal crew, sprite-wise.

Kinda like how weapons change size when passed from a macro to a micro or something?
rikaru19

Postby Vorrarkul » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Redspace, my bad, but yes. Micros and macros, if they don't want to RP out the size of items, can use the excuse of redspace warping the space around them to resize items and let them fit in corridors.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Return to General Discussion