Security getting into Science.

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Security getting into Science.

Postby orbisa » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Now, the rules question is simple.

Is Security allowed to restrict any of the activitied going inside the lab?

Second question. and punctual, since it has been discussed in the chat.

Is science needed to ask security for permisson in making mechs?

does security has any say in the making of these mechs?

will scientists be arrested for doing their jobs?

As always, these questions are aimed at detailing policies and ending discussions, and thus, avoid admin involvement in the game via adminhelp and faxes. So, while anyone can post, I won't discuss with players, only interested in the admins rulling.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Re: Security getting into Science.

Postby AngelusDominusRadiant » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:15 pm

I had this on repeat the whole round https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbLYPU-Aow
AngelusDominusRadiant

Postby Scree » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:29 am

AngelusDominusRadiant wrote:Image

I had this on repeat the whole round https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbLYPU-Aow

10/10 didn't even illegally block areas.

As long as those mechs are unarmed there's no crime.

If someone uses a mech (armed or otherwise) as a getaway vehicle for a crime then security can step straight up to shooting the shit out of you to disable the mech.

Otherwise, science can have whatever they like if they keep it in science, or are doing science with it, provided they aren't using it in the commission of some other crime.

This is covered in the clarified SoP on the wiki that Ace updated yesterday, I'd link it if I wasn't on my phone right now.
Scree

Postby orbisa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:11 pm

Thank you Scree, another unwritten rule written!
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby nerdass » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:29 pm

As per SOP for the research department

https://wiki.vore-station.net/index.php ... evelopment

Weapons Policy

Any weapons handled by the Research Department, even those normally deemed illegal by NanoTrasen, is completely legal within the confines of the research department. The moment these weapons leave the department, security is permitted to arrest for contraband as per Corporate Regulations §212. This includes combat mechs.

All weapons handled by the research department should be for explicitly scientific purposes. The Research Director may selectively suspend this right at any time for any scientist for any reason.

The outdoor area of the mining asteroid is considered within the Research Department's weapon allowance zone.

If one or more of these weapons are used in a crime within the Research Department, this weapons policy is null and the weapons are treated as contraband upon arrest.

Explosives and launchers are to be handled with a bomb suit worn at all times.

Any accidents or misfires are to be reported immediately immediately to security and the research director. If an injury results from such a mishap, the medical staff should also be informed.

Moving of weapons through main corridors is strictly forbidden. If security wants weapons for their own uses, or if there's a gateway mission about to happen, weapons may not be transported by scientists. All weapons must be transported either exclusively through the mail network, or by security officers as couriers.

--------------------
Under rules of engagement under security:

If a suspect uses a mech to resist arrest, shoot-to-kill authorized. Deployment of barricades and use of flipped tables for cover is also advised to create chokepoints where security can fire upon the target.

I'm not saying it should be done this way, but this is what the wiki says. And just because shoot to kill is auth'd, doesn't mean you should valid hunt.

But taking a combat mech, even unarmed, out of science, is a crime.

Combat mechs are defined basically as anything that isn't a ripley or an oddy or a pod.
nerdass

Postby Aces » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Glad to see SOP is actually being read and used. We'll continue adding to it as we deem necessary.
Aces

Return to General Discussion