Is there a rule against using cryo to dodge sec?

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Is there a rule against using cryo to dodge sec?

Postby nerdass » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:03 am

Like, as an example, let's say someone IC sparks some kinda' disruption, then instead of taking their brig time, dodges sec for a while, and cryos themselves.

I don't think I saw anything specific in the rules about this, but I've noticed it happen a couple times.
nerdass

Re: Is there a rule against using cryo to dodge sec?

Postby Wickedtemp » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:11 am

I THINK there would be, like... it's one of those "unspoken rules". At least, that's the way I see it. At the absolute least, it'd make you a bad sport. If someone does it numerous times, I'd file a player complaint.

Like... If someone does it once, then it could mean that maybe RL got in the way, as it often does. But if it's constant? That's where it's no longer just an IC issue. It's an OOC concern, it's a toxic habit. So, I'm not Staff, but I think that would warrant a player complaint.
Wickedtemp

Postby Dhaeleena » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 am

Yea this is one of those "unspoken rules" i have had to deal with this several times and its pretty much a dick move, if someone create disruption or commits a crime making the whole security force hunt them down and they just decide to cryo that is a very dick move, cuz "don commit the crime if you cant do the time" if the person says the need to cryo because IRL stuff, well they can just close the game and let security cryo them after their sentence is done, after all there is a cryo bed in the prison, because making security have to deal with someones mess for them to jump into a cryo bed and disappear is dickish. This applies if the person is currently being hunt by security and they know it, because it can happen that security is looking for someone but that person doesnt know it...but if that person goes to cryo to evade security that is not good.....and actually this isnt an unspoken rule its right here.

"Don't avoid RP (unless it violates ERP preferences)
Although you can OOCly speak up if an RP makes you uncomfortable, don't abuse this privilege (eg: disconnecting or going 'ghost' at the first sign of any trouble with security, or when the response you got from provoking someone isn't what you planned). The privilege to say "NO" is reserved for preventing vore or sexual scenes you don't like. Nothing else.

For everything else, power through the bad because you can use the bad for interesting character development that you'll later be grateful for."
Dhaeleena

Postby JoanRisu » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:52 pm

It is more of an unspoken rule not to use the Cryo to dodge security. In fact, I file that under "Escaping IC Consequences using OOC Means" even if it isn't inherently OOC. It really is a "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time," thing.
JoanRisu

Postby Wickedtemp » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:04 pm

JoanRisu wrote:It is more of an unspoken rule not to use the Cryo to dodge security. In fact, I file that under "Escaping IC Consequences using OOC Means" even if it isn't inherently OOC. It really is a "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time," thing.

So if it's a noticeable trend with a certain character, where they show up, cause trouble, then Cryo/Ghost to escape consequences frequently, would it warrant a player complaint on the forums? I'm like 99% sure it would, but I tend to stay out of actual, formal complaints until I know for a FACT the behavior in question is problematic.
Wickedtemp

Postby orbisa » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:18 pm

we should eliminate all the unspoken rules, we are too big of a server now to have those.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Scree » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:44 am

This isn't really an unwritten rule, it always used to be part of the actual rule on OOCly avoiding RP that you'd get whapped if you consistently stir trouble then ghost/cryo/disconnect the moment you get busted for it.
Scree

Postby Aces » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Scree wrote:This isn't really an unwritten rule, it always used to be part of the actual rule on OOCly avoiding RP that you'd get whapped if you consistently stir trouble then ghost/cryo/disconnect the moment you get busted for it.

https://wiki.vore-station.net/Rules#Don ... erences.29 Correct

Wickedtemp wrote:
JoanRisu wrote:It is more of an unspoken rule not to use the Cryo to dodge security. In fact, I file that under "Escaping IC Consequences using OOC Means" even if it isn't inherently OOC. It really is a "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time," thing.

So if it's a noticeable trend with a certain character, where they show up, cause trouble, then Cryo/Ghost to escape consequences frequently, would it warrant a player complaint on the forums? I'm like 99% sure it would, but I tend to stay out of actual, formal complaints until I know for a FACT the behavior in question is problematic.

Yes.
Aces

Postby Mech__Warrior » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:28 am

I believe this falls under the rule 'Don't be a dick.' or basically rule 3. Pretty much bad sportsmanship/trying to avoid the consequences of your actions if you just wanted to abuse our mechanics.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Postby orbisa » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:50 am

Now, there is the other side of the issue... where security gives you an hour for a 5 minutes sentence... you bet as hell I will adminhelp if this happens, and stop playing in the server if nothing is done about it.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Next

Return to General Discussion