Is Security just too complicated to play?

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Is Security just too complicated to play?

Postby Keira_Feia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:57 pm

As an aside, and also a bit back to the mention of detectives, there's a situation I encountered in the past that I wanna bring up to know what to do in the future. My only sec character is a detective and there's been a couple times that I was essentially the only sec available for a situation. Once I had to make an arrest and even an interrogation because the only other active sec happened to be the victim of the incident in question and as such didn't think it would be proper to interrogate the perpetrator. However there was one time when I was called because a couple people were breaking into head offices and stealing pets. I approached them and asked them what they were doing. They were quite forward about the fact they were 'liberating' the pets although one started flinging insults ICly at my character. The part that got me though was after supposedly convincing them to put Runtime back and fix the damages they did, they just stood there for like ten minutes not doing anything and not saying anything. I eventually got fed up and walked away because ICly, it wasn't my job to deal with the situation in the first place as a detective and OOCly it annoyed me quite a bit, especially since I had to delay a scene I was about to have to answer said call. Then later found out they continued exactly what they were doing and had all the pets wandering the halls. I can't remember if there were any admins on at the time or not but I frankly found the situation quite annoying.

Also to add my two cents on reasons some people might not like playing sec is it's one like medical where if you go off and have a scene you can quite often find yourself being yelled at ICly afterwards for dereliction of duty and a lot of people don't really feel like putting up with that.
Keira_Feia

Postby Vorrarkul » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Keira_Feia wrote:As an aside, and also a bit back to the mention of detectives, there's a situation I encountered in the past that I wanna bring up to know what to do in the future. My only sec character is a detective and there's been a couple times that I was essentially the only sec available for a situation. Once I had to make an arrest and even an interrogation because the only other active sec happened to be the victim of the incident in question and as such didn't think it would be proper to interrogate the perpetrator. However there was one time when I was called because a couple people were breaking into head offices and stealing pets. I approached them and asked them what they were doing. They were quite forward about the fact they were 'liberating' the pets although one started flinging insults ICly at my character. The part that got me though was after supposedly convincing them to put Runtime back and fix the damages they did, they just stood there for like ten minutes not doing anything and not saying anything. I eventually got fed up and walked away because ICly, it wasn't my job to deal with the situation in the first place as a detective and OOCly it annoyed me quite a bit, especially since I had to delay a scene I was about to have to answer said call. Then later found out they continued exactly what they were doing and had all the pets wandering the halls. I can't remember if there were any admins on at the time or not but I frankly found the situation quite annoying.

Also to add my two cents on reasons some people might not like playing sec is it's one like medical where if you go off and have a scene you can quite often find yourself being yelled at ICly afterwards for dereliction of duty and a lot of people don't really feel like putting up with that.

Rylee used to have this happen to her. Detective, the only security onboard, and not enough clearance to even brig someone even if you DO have to because nobody else can. She complained to CentCom, did the paperwork, asked some favors, and got promoted ICly so that she CAN do the whole job when she has to. It was aggravating, but I made an IC deal about needing the promotion to actually DO security work since there were/are so few actual officers around.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:06 pm

I've made another tweak to the rules. I've bolded the new bits after Arokha raised some questions.

If the victim isn't calling for help, and it's not in a public area, don't be a white knight by getting involved. If a lewd scene is going on in a very public area like the bar or the hallways, security is allowed to order them to take it somewhere more private like the dorms, and can absolutely fine the people involved for indecent exposure if they don't move in a timely manner. If the scene is in public and suspicious of being unwilling, security and other staff have every right to investigate without needing to seek OOC consent from the predator's player. If you want to do unwilling vore, please try to keep it hidden to prevent issues from arising.

https://wiki.vore-station.net/Rules#Do_ ... ot_want_it.
Aces

Postby SASoperative » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 am

I can confirm as playing purely and only as Security EVERY time I join the server I can confirm Security is not complicated its just its more of a.... Trump card almost. It almost feels like a over glorified assistant at times it feels because you really don't have to do much to do apart from wait for someone to break into something or the occasional grey tide who stumbles upon the server. The shifts on VORE station tend to be very quiet in comparison to the other SS13 servers, I might be wrong about this but its extremely simple so long as you follow SoP and you make sure to double check before you go and mess up. A lot of the time there is just not much happening on station that requires security and if there is we normally do not learn about it until later. Maybe once every... I would say 1 out of three shifts I play something happens but maybe with this new rule we can get some more security involvement. Just some input for you there.
Maybe one of these days I will care enough to add something here. Until than it stays this way.
SASoperative

Location: Some action packed SS13 server everyone knows about.

Previous

Return to General Discussion