Getting the HoS in place.

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Getting the HoS in place.

Postby JoanRisu » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:55 am

My two cents on this is this: You should be delegating. If there is no HoS on duty, as HoP you should be looking to hire someone to take the slot, not taking the job onto yourself as you have other duties and departments to attend to. If you're spending more time being an HoS instead of an HoP, then you might as well change your ID and accesses to only HoS accesses because you are neglecting or distracted from your other duties.

Aim for delegating, moving people around, seeing what is up and who best can handle it. There are more pieces on the board than just you.
JoanRisu

Postby Sansaur » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:36 pm

OMG YES, I GET IT, BUT TELL ME:

2 Girls fighting + Security officer eating a banana while watching the whole scene + Security officer SCOLDING CHIEF ENGINEER BECAUSE CE WAS SINGING A RUSSIAN SONG (Blabbling about Copyright) + No HoS + Captain Inactive = Going back to the HoP's office and calling on the radio for someone to promote to Head of Security so the HoS can tell the officer to do his JOB!?!?!?!?

I'd say a better solution would be to just straight up telling the officer to disperse those two girls and to ask her what the fuck was happening. Tell me what did I do wrong apart from not using my own energy gun to stop both girls.
Characters: Echeide Aythami, SAMkII, Donyarc Magmolzad, Ivan Zimbalist, Arthur Pelinor, Oujay Devouz (Not to be seen again), Aciaga Rott, Yale Teller.
Sansaur

Postby smirky » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm fairly sure that if there is no HoS AND captain, the HoP is automatically in charge of the security department as Acting Captain.
he be a gu bwoi, he dindu nuffin
smirky

Postby Aces » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:22 pm

smirky wrote:I'm fairly sure that if there is no HoS AND captain, the HoP is automatically in charge of the security department as Acting Captain.

That is where the rules get bent. It is the only situation where the rules get bent in that manner. But that isn't because they are the HoP. That is where the confusion is. That is because they are acting Captain.
Aces

Previous

Return to General Discussion