Coding in disposal - Opinions?

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Coding in disposal - Opinions?

Postby Kayleen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Personally, I still feel like allowing predators to cough up little piles of bones/scales/fur is a good alternative.

I won't lie; I really want something disposal-ish just to add that wonderful bit of persistence to scenes.
Kayleen

Postby Nightwing » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:14 pm

The problem is, a lotta players are going to be squicked by its inclusion. Whereas nobody's going to be attracted to the server by its inclusion. The addition will, in terms of population, please a handful, lose an armful, and draw in none.
Nightwing

Postby Kayleen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Nightwing wrote:Whereas nobody's going to be attracted to the server by its inclusion.

That... simply isn't true. I can tell you for sure fact that, had it been a feature when I first looked at the forum thread, I would have considered it a positive note.

What do the rest of you guys think of my suggestion for non-scat disposal?
Kayleen

Postby Nightwing » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:18 pm

My personal opinion is that the ability to leave scat (or other) remains around the station would not bring in any new players. And would certainly not offset the players who would leave. Which you have not addressed. Again.
Nightwing

Postby arokha » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Nightwing wrote:I'm not sure how you justify a pile of slimy bones and flesh, scales or fur to be non-offensive.

Opinions based on qualia don't actually need justification. It's just an opinion thing. I think both your opinion and Kayleen's are pretty well established at this point.
arokha

Postby Kayleen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:20 pm

You're kinda jumping to conclusions by saying it will cause people to leave. This is why I just asked for peoples' thoughts on the compromise I just suggested.
Kayleen

Postby jemli » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:44 pm

It's admittedly iffy for me. I'd try to keep it out of mind if it was the slime and bones, but, if it was a case where you were finding them often in public places, I'd likely wind up leaving the server over this. And if it was scat, I'd be gone as soon as the vote was over in its favor without a second thought.
jemli

Postby Kayleen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Hm. I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised by that, because I've always thought of coughing up fur and the like to be relatively vanilla as far as vore kinks go.

Something to take into consideration.
Kayleen

Postby Zeke Sturm » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Just to add my two cents to this, while I can't play at the moment, and despite being into this sort of thing myself (If you wanna kinkshame, write it on your bill), the problem is this: In the same way that I become extraordinarily uncomfortable when I run into a scene that includes things I'm not into, or one of those random squicks/pseudo-triggers that makes me shivery and physically ill, I would probably almost immediately want to log out if I found evidence of another player's scene lying around. Moreso if, as a detective (a role I haven't played recently for reasons of I'm too lazy to transfer the buttsherk), I was forced to deal with it. I wouldn't like something like a tattered jumpsuit, per se, nor would I be keen on having to deal with a vore scene in a detective role ICly if the consent area was fuzzy (either due to one or both characters no longer being on or what have you) - I'd do it, because that's the job, but I wouldn't enjoy it. Whereas having to actively deal with bones/crap/bloody fur/half-digested person would probably be the sort of thing that would make me incapable of performing the job.

Dismissing the fact that this would have a legitimate effect on some people either equating to or as mental illness, there still lies the issue that it's forced pref breaking however you do it. If you leave a pile of anything in maintenance for the janitor to find, and the janitor isn't into that sort of thing, congrats, you've broken his preferences hours after your deed was done. I get that people like permanency - but some of us don't, and I know at least three of the people who asked me to not kill off the snek permanently did so because it would've made them uncomfortably aware of their own mortality. I get that death is inevitable, entropy, yadda yadda, but some people really don't dig being reminded of that against their will.

I agree with IPU here - If you want to leave evidence? Take off clothes. Add an option to rip up clothes if you really wanna simulate that so bad. Punch them in the face. Leave evidence, what have you. But don't force other people to deal with digested corpses. Because it's not something that can be optional slash opt-in/opt-out, for reasons already stated. If it's a hard thing in the code, it's a problem in that way. If it's implied via roleplay and clever manipulation of the code, people can actually opt out if they really want to, or at least avoid the worst aspects of it.

I've put my pennies in the till, now I'm off to not code that mob I've been working on for... christ, seven months now. Peace.
Zeke Sturm

Postby jemli » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:51 pm

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not really vanilla at all when it comes to vore kinks, seeing as I primarily do endo, don't do oral vore at all, and if the situation is that the prey needs to disappear, just have them lost forever within the pred, kept alive inside of the pred as long as the pred lives.
jemli

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion