Criminals of V.O.R.E., unite!

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Criminals of V.O.R.E., unite!

Postby Aces » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:19 am

SilverTalismen wrote:Can my character Temmie join this thieves guild as a fence? :D [ obilvion thieves guild person who buys stolen stuff]

Not really so much a guild, but yes. :P
Aces

Postby SilverTalismen » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 am

Lol yeah I know, But I thought I would explain where I got the term, since what Temmie does is run a store every shift, I thought it would be handy if the thieves the station has, Had someplace where they could sell the stuff they steal :P
SilverTalismen

Postby Tasald » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm

We need a sec caster that say's "halt! You have violated the law!"
Tasald

Postby BritishRabbit » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:41 pm

That and 'STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM'.
BritishRabbit

Postby YomiDrop » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Oh lovely. I'd love to join in on something like this. Naturally, I'd make a different character than the ones I usually use and put the information in the Security Records as needed, but this sounds like something that could make rounds a bit more interesting.
YomiDrop

Postby Wickedtemp » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah. I think it could be fun, I'm just concerned people will use it as an excuse to be an annoying greytider.

But I'm sure Staff would keep an eye on this kind of thing, much like weapon permits, so I'm most likely just worried about nothing.
Wickedtemp

Postby Aces » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:Yeah. I think it could be fun, I'm just concerned people will use it as an excuse to be an annoying greytider.

But I'm sure Staff would keep an eye on this kind of thing, much like weapon permits, so I'm most likely just worried about nothing.

The big part of it is to be fair to security and mention things in your employment records, and also not play sec or heads of staff like that. Otherwise it's arguably powergaming.
Aces

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Aces wrote:
Wickedtemp wrote:Yeah. I think it could be fun, I'm just concerned people will use it as an excuse to be an annoying greytider.

The big part of it is to be fair to security and mention things in your employment records, and also not play sec or heads of staff like that. Otherwise it's arguably powergaming.

Yeah, if all of that is done and it doesn't escalate to full "traitor" (I.E. "Give me money or I shoot you.") then this could be fun.

But... This got me thinking about events... Yeah, there's a bunch of people who get bored easily and want events, hardcore "OH MY GOD IT'S GONNA KILL US!" events. But there's also a population of people that only want to ERP a bit and chill.

So I'm thinking, firstly, have a notification saying "Admin event, prepare thy butts." and depending on the event (Let's say it's xeno invasion) make another announcement, "Shit will go down, so if you don't want to participate, please don't join Sec or Medical, otherwise you'll be expected to participate." so we don't have people taking up those valuable job slots. Last night's "evil chaplain and Faithless" event would have been great if I hadn't been one of the only active medical personal. Out of the four or so people in the department, I think it was only John Matthews (paramedic, only knows basic aid) and myself up until Zolestine got a medical ID.

So... I think a message saying "Event in progress, if you're in Medical/Security/Command you will be expected to participate." would help.

Lastly, what if we had a lil HUD for events? Where you can say "Yes, I want in on this." and an easily visible neon green icon will appear on them (like for Revolution with the red and blue icons) or you can say "No, I'm just here to chill." and opt out, the icon will not be on your character, so people in the event will know meta-wise that the other guy just wants to relax and won't involve them. It'd be especially useful for the "antag" because they would know who they can target, they will know that they can go after someone without them ahelping or getting salty LOOCly.

Food for thoughts ^.^
Wickedtemp

Postby Aces » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:
Aces wrote:

Yeah, if all of that is done and it doesn't escalate to full "traitor" (I.E. "Give me money or I shoot you.") then this could be fun.

But... This got me thinking about events... Yeah, there's a bunch of people who get bored easily and want events, hardcore "OH MY GOD IT'S GONNA KILL US!" events. But there's also a population of people that only want to ERP a bit and chill.

So I'm thinking, firstly, have a notification saying "Admin event, prepare thy butts." and depending on the event (Let's say it's xeno invasion) make another announcement, "Shit will go down, so if you don't want to participate, please don't join Sec or Medical, otherwise you'll be expected to participate." so we don't have people taking up those valuable job slots. Last night's "evil chaplain and Faithless" event would have been great if I hadn't been one of the only active medical personal. Out of the four or so people in the department, I think it was only John Matthews (paramedic, only knows basic aid) and myself up until Zolestine got a medical ID.

So... I think a message saying "Event in progress, if you're in Medical/Security/Command you will be expected to participate." would help.

Lastly, what if we had a lil HUD for events? Where you can say "Yes, I want in on this." and an easily visible neon green icon will appear on them (like for Revolution with the red and blue icons) or you can say "No, I'm just here to chill." and opt out, the icon will not be on your character, so people in the event will know meta-wise that the other guy just wants to relax and won't involve them. It'd be especially useful for the "antag" because they would know who they can target, they will know that they can go after someone without them ahelping or getting salty LOOCly.

Food for thoughts ^.^

We don't announce events because the station metagames to all hell if we do.

If an event is announced, it's announced ICly, and I don't ever explain what is going on OOCly. Major plotline events that will disrupt all ERP are also announced weeks and weeks in advance.

The HUD thing you're suggesting breaks immersion. If people want to isolate themselves for one on one ERP with no chance of interruptions ever, they should go play in a chatroom. Part of the thrill of game roleplay is how other people can unexpectedly affect a scene for better or for worse.
Aces

Postby SilverTalismen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Tasy Ruffles is part of this as a trouble maker!~
SilverTalismen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion