Armory Rules

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Armory Rules

Postby Arbon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:55 pm

The HoS could have reason to go to the armory either to put more stuff there, or when issuing a weapon permit. But most of the time such weapon permits are getting things from science, such as stun revolvers. There's also the ARMOR in the armory, both the exceptionally useful shields and various forms of body armor for brute attacks and energy weapons, and you could easily hand them out to someone who's going into a dangerous area. Hmm ... a lot of this seems to come down to the idea of don't do things without a reason. Don't steel all the guns just to have all the guns, don't arm and armor yourself to the teeth if you plan to sit in the bar and drink all day.

To that end having a reason doesn't mean that there needs to be some emergency requiring active defense to shoot at monsters or pirates. "A reason" could be as simple as testing out a weapon you haven't seen before, giving weapons and armor to someone else so they can test it, thats what the shooting gallery is for after all. And science sometimes appreciates being given parts and weapons from security to make upgraded things, at which its faster to hand them a spare gun we have on hand and then call cargo to re-stock, than it would be to leave the armory un-touched and have Cargo handing out the guns. Only for security to have to get involved anyway because they have to rush down and unlock the weapon crate. Normally. Sometimes scientists and cargo already have a means to open the crate and they just stay quiet about it.
Arbon

Postby Vorrarkul » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:19 pm

There's actually rules governing what security can have, in the SOP if I recall. I believe the general rule is nothing lethal until at LEAST Code Blue, and on green the HoS and Captain can carry ONE energy pistol on their person. The warden is given jurisdiction to wield roughly what they decide is best WHILE IN THE BRIG, but once outside are subject to all the limits of normal security officers.

This is from memory, so if I get it wrong that's why. I'm pretty sure this is all in the SOP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vorrarkul

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Vorrarkul wrote:There's actually rules governing what security can have, in the SOP if I recall. I believe the general rule is nothing lethal until at LEAST Code Blue, and on green the HoS and Captain can carry ONE energy pistol on their person. The warden is given jurisdiction to wield roughly what they decide is best WHILE IN THE BRIG, but once outside are subject to all the limits of normal security officers.

This is from memory, so if I get it wrong that's why. I'm pretty sure this is all in the SOP.

I think you are correct.

That being said I wouldn't mind updating the SOP a bit. I think it's reasonable to let the HoS and Captain carry the concealed weapon of choice. Someone like Ace actually has a permit for his shotgun though so he's the only one you'll ever see wandering around with a loaded gun strapped to his back. Ace doesn't believe in concealed carry. Thinks it's a liability and is just a way for gun nuts to lure people into a false sense of security and then use your gun on them and act like a big hero. Of course Ace follows an IC political standpoint that I'm not even going to begin to touch from OOC. The reason CentCom prefers concealed is they follow a philosophy of "What you don't know won't scare you."

Then again I'm not sure such a change to SOP is necessary. I have expressed interest in giving good HoS players long-term permits from CentCom. Even some normal security players have permits, provided they have to follow the terms of that permit. Often times it's just as simple as "If you're not in security, go turn in your weapon and pick it up at the end of the shift."
Aces

Postby Tasald » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:56 pm

I have a question pertaining to the other gear in the armory. Is there anything against the sop for a sec member or captian to use any of the non weapons and non armor gear in the armory, namely the goggles, gloves, and uniform? pretty sure the bdu has the same protection as the sec uniform if not hos and warden then.
Tasald

Postby Aces » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Tasald wrote:I have a question pertaining to the other gear in the armory. Is there anything against the sop for a sec member or captian to use any of the non weapons and non armor gear in the armory, namely the goggles, gloves, and uniform? pretty sure the bdu has the same protection as the sec uniform if not hos and warden then.

The BDU has armor in it. Not a lot, but it does. It counts as specialized armor which is forbidden in code green. It does not have the same protection as security jumpsuits.
Aces

Postby smirky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Have my two cents on this topic.

Neither the HoS nor the warden should be taking anything from the armory unless on code red. Lethals should be handed out on code blue only in emergencies. This should apply to anything in the secure armory, including the tactical gear.

Having weapons visible, irregardless of what it is (energy gun, taser, fluff weapons, shotguns, etc) on code green should be forbidden for everyone. Anything that doesn't fit in a backpack is unnecessary and excessive.

Captain, HoP, security personnel should be able to carry their equipment on them on code green, but they should have to be concealed. HoP and captain should be allowed to possess their energy gun they are issued for self defence.

99% of situations can be solved with tasers, batons, pepperspray and flashes.
he be a gu bwoi, he dindu nuffin
smirky

Postby Tasald » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Aces wrote:
Tasald wrote:I have a question pertaining to the other gear in the armory. Is there anything against the sop for a sec member or captian to use any of the non weapons and non armor gear in the armory, namely the goggles, gloves, and uniform? pretty sure the bdu has the same protection as the sec uniform if not hos and warden then.

The BDU has armor in it. Not a lot, but it does. It counts as specialized armor which is forbidden in code green. It does not have the same protection as security jumpsuits.

alright, what about the hud and belt?
Tasald

Postby smirky » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:32 am

I'm much more interested about WHY you need the tactical HUD or the combat belt? Other than looking cooler and different from others, of course.
he be a gu bwoi, he dindu nuffin
smirky

Postby Aces » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:09 pm

The stuff is kept in the tactical storage, is it not? Pretty sure we only open that in code red. So the answer is no. You can't have it. Heads of staff sometimes bend this rule but they're not supposed to. It's for emergencies. Even Ace isn't allowed to wear his tactical belt anymore.

The normal armory is full of non-lethal things and laser carbines which are safer for crew because they don't cause bleeding during instances of friendly fire. The normal armory can be accessed during code blue, but the Warden should take care to decide what weapons should be given out. Is code blue the result of one idiot stealing stuff? Then non-lethals is probably best. Is the blue alert the result of an unknown ship approaching the station? Probably better to give out lasers.

smirky wrote:I'm much more interested about WHY you need the tactical HUD or the combat belt? Other than looking cooler and different from others, of course.

Tactical Hud because it looks cool. Combat belt because it holds more slots.
Aces

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:52 pm

The tactical HUD also has a built in camera, so your officers can keep track of you, or vise versa.
Entirely_Logical

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion