Armory Rules

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Armory Rules

Postby Tasald » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:50 pm

the hud does not have a camera, the headset however does.
Tasald

Postby a bunch of moths in a swat suit » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:21 pm

and now I have to be the one to ask. Does ordering tactical equipment to subvert the rule about "Don't take stuff from the armory for personal use" count as just about the same? It seems like a really silly thing to do and then justify as "Well I'm not taking 'armory' equipment!"
a bunch of moths in a swat suit

Postby Aces » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:09 am

a bunch of moths in a swat suit wrote:and now I have to be the one to ask. Does ordering tactical equipment to subvert the rule about "Don't take stuff from the armory for personal use" count as just about the same? It seems like a really silly thing to do and then justify as "Well I'm not taking 'armory' equipment!"

Ordering tactical equipment still qualifies as "shit you shouldn't be parading around the station in code green."

Ace sometimes likes to order guns for missions or just pleasure purposes at the end of the shift if he wants to go let off a few rounds at the range. But then they go immediately into the armory when done, and he makes sure no one leaves with a gun they should not have.
Aces

Postby nerdass » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Remove Captain, and HoS from the note.

They're loyalty implanted, after all. If they start fucking up and stealing things and ICly are a dick about it, then either fax central or adminhelp.

But if they just want to keep a gun in their bag, they totally have the right to as long as it's not visible. It's their armory to manage, IC, after all.

The HoS or Captain taking a gun, is entirely authorized, because they're the ones that can IC, give ORDERS regarding the armory.

Warden overlooks and keeps track of inventory, but can't hand out or take guns without permission from the Captain, or HoS.

The Warden's main job is to keep track of the brig cell timers, and manage the prisoners and records. That's it. The guns are just there, behind him.
nerdass

Postby Aces » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:56 pm

nerdass wrote:Remove Captain, and HoS from the note.

They're loyalty implanted, after all. If they start fucking up and stealing things and ICly are a dick about it, then either fax central or adminhelp.

But if they just want to keep a gun in their bag, they totally have the right to as long as it's not visible. It's their armory to manage, IC, after all.

The HoS or Captain taking a gun, is entirely authorized, because they're the ones that can IC, give ORDERS regarding the armory.

Warden overlooks and keeps track of inventory, but can't hand out or take guns without permission from the Captain, or HoS.

The Warden's main job is to keep track of the brig cell timers, and manage the prisoners and records. That's it. The guns are just there, behind him.

I'm actually in the process of rewriting the Standard Operating Procedure page on the wiki. Warden is (and has been) allowed to actually carry whatever gun they want... so long as they do not leave the security wing with it. A lot of shit we've just said "It's SOP" and not actually had it written down, that's all being corrected so it doesn't look like we're asspulling SOP anymore.

Most players know SOP but the new ones have literally nothing to go off of.
Aces

Postby rikaru19 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:23 pm

I personally think HoS never needs anything from there even on a code red, besides either ion rifle or a heavier firearm. They have a friggin iron man RIG with built in weaponry, and START with an E-gun. Why the fuck they need to go in there besides gearing up the rest of Sec I have no goddamn idea.
rikaru19

Postby Aces » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:49 pm

rikaru19 wrote:I personally think HoS never needs anything from there even on a code red, besides either ion rifle or a heavier firearm. They have a friggin iron man RIG with built in weaponry, and START with an E-gun. Why the fuck they need to go in there besides gearing up the rest of Sec I have no goddamn idea.

Aside from the gun, their gear is better. HoS coat is the best armor you can obtain in-game without smuggling stuff.
Aces

Postby rikaru19 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Uh... Trenchcoat or normal coat? Reika does wear the trenchcoat as HoS often.
rikaru19

Postby Aces » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:59 am

rikaru19 wrote:Uh... Trenchcoat or normal coat? Reika does wear the trenchcoat as HoS often.

Both HoS coats have the same values. One is just a subversion of the other.
Aces

Postby rikaru19 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 am

Aces wrote:
rikaru19 wrote:Uh... Trenchcoat or normal coat? Reika does wear the trenchcoat as HoS often.

Both HoS coats have the same values. One is just a subversion of the other.

...ohmygodyes THE TRENCHCOAT HAS A PURPOSE BESIDES LOOKING COOL.

:D
rikaru19

Previous

Return to General Discussion