Armory Rules

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Armory Rules

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:07 am

Righto! So recently an HoS and a Warden and some other third party have been debating over a IC decision last month about Armory Access Rules.

To quote the memo on our Eka's thread:
Writing this down so no one has an excuse to feign ignorance.

Virgo Centcom Memo:
If you do not have a valid reason that is reflected in the Standard Operating Procedures you should not be hanging around and robbing the armory as a Warden, HoS, HoP, or Captain. Your position does not give you license to empty out the only weapons cache on station. Doing so will result in a job suspension and possible termination if the purpose was to terrorize the station.

-- Captain Joan Risu, Centcom Security.

Obviously, this has the potential to be interpreted as "No fun allowed keep your grubby hands off the guns." To be quite honest, I still sort of stand by this memo BUT I do recognize we should try to iron out details about this memo.

And would you look at that, we have a forum to do just that! Debate! Your voices may decide the outcome of Centcom's next decision about how to approach the Armory this time around in the SoP.
JoanRisu

Re: Armory Rules

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:27 am

I think it could use some rewording. Especially since the HoS DOES have permission to go in and issue lethal weapons, as according to the CC note in the HoS office.

Plus so far its either been ignored, OR has lead to an angry Warden telling the HoS that they cannot enter at all.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Stulti » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 am

I think something that may help this (somewhat) is to leave a copy of the Central Command notice in the Warden's office, as well. This way, they will be in the loop that the Head of Security has such power, and could lead to less arguing between the two occupations.
Stulti

Postby orbisa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:47 am

I would like a clarification on the intent of the rule, I can see it's a good thing to have weapons ready for emergencies, but, when are they allowed to take them?

Ai/cyborg is nuts, been ignoring orders all day, so, The Ion Rifle® might be a good idea to carry about.

Someone stole a Mech and is causing mayhem. again, The Ion Rifle® will put the thing down.

Let's say a HoS/warden is a Pred, and wants to intimidate a bionic/cyborg prey, will they use The Ion Rifle®?

Finally, a HoS/warden/other sec never used The Ion Rifle®, and it's unsure why it's the number one weapon against any opponent armed with space era tech, so they want to test the weapon on the firing range...

The Ion Rifle® trademark and product belong to Hesphaistos Industries. "Everyone needs a weapon. That's why we exist."
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby arokha » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:49 am

Stulti wrote:I think something that may help this (somewhat) is to leave a copy of the Central Command notice in the Warden's office, as well. This way, they will be in the loop that the Head of Security has such power, and could lead to less arguing between the two occupations.

That seems like a cool idea.

orbisa wrote:I would like a clarification on the intent of the rule, I can see it's a good thing to have weapons ready for emergencies, but, when are they allowed to take them?

Ai/cyborg is nuts, been ignoring orders all day, so, The Ion Rifle® might be a good idea to carry about.

I would agree with that, though unfortunately you can't actually put the ion rifle into a backpack. So you literally have to walk around with it unless you have a BoH or some military pack that might hold it.
arokha

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:09 am

I would like to note that this memo was issued after a griefing attempt. Luckily the player who was attempting to grief was stupid enough to admit that were going to grief after being confronted by an admin. However they did try to justify raiding the armory by quoting the rules regarding the HoS' jurisdiction over the armory.
JoanRisu

Postby Dhaeleena » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:15 am

Even if the HoS has full power over secuirty they alredy have a gun on their locker for their own personall protection so they doesnt have ANY reason AT ALL to take a gun from the armory if there is not an emegency :p if they want more guns for a reason, cargo exists for that, there is no valid reason for the HoS or anyone to grab guns from the armory if they are not needed. And i do think a copy of this memo on the warden office would be good, but i dont see much reason why the HoS should or could be over this rule. Im not discussing the HoS being able to carry guns if not the acces to the armory and its stock, if the HoS wants more guns they should order them :p
Last edited by Dhaeleena on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaeleena

Postby orbisa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:20 am

I think this rule is mostly a clarification of the common sense line "If shit is not going down, you don't need more weapons."
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Scree » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 am

The warden doesn't have authority over the HoS. And that note for the warden is pretty clearly "don't just clear the entire thing out", not "never ever touch these precious tools ever".
Scree

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 am

Correct. Warden is subordinate to the HoS in all circumstances. HoS overrides Warden.

That being said, Warden should contact the Captain is the HoS is being a clod.

I feel like this is a matter of "just because you can doesn't mean you should." It's not something I'm going to OOCly enforce though when it can be handled ICly.

That is unless griefing occurs, or other criminal activity (beside vore). HoS is loyalty implanted.

I don't see the point in enforcing an OOC rule on this. I think it's just policy that should be handled ICly. The less rules we have, the better. I tried streamlining our existing rules.
Aces

Next

Return to General Discussion