Discussion on SoP and CoC

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Discussion on SoP and CoC

Postby Mewchild » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Solar Grub SoP was updated earlier, to be less stupid.
Mewchild

Postby Wickedtemp » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:19 pm

It's actually... really good, now. I'm happy with it!
Wickedtemp

Postby Nanaki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Thoughts on QM/Pathfinder: Even if they are not given 'full' command status, they probably should have the command channel frequency, at least so other members of command can contact them (and, there have been numerous situations where people have tried to contact both roles via command channel).

Thoughts on SoP: I just realized that the procedures behind the CMO packet and the transcore dump has not been officially added to the SoP as of yet.
Nanaki

Postby Mewchild » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Mewchild

Postby Nanaki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:40 am

Regarding Gateway access.

To recap, Gateway access is currently only held by CD, RD, HoP, and HoS.

There are basically two general 'camps' of opinion that I have found.

The first is that, being that the Gateway mission is RD territory, and that the RD is responsible for any fuckups, that gateway access should be entirely restricted to just CD, RD, and Pathfinder (being that Pathfinder is directly under the RD). There is a lot of reluctance to allow other heads access, as, they could potentially use that access to cause a massive accident that... would later fall under the RD due to it being their responsibility. Pathfinder would gain gateway access, while HoP and HoS would lose it.

The other is that, since the Gateway is a high priority area, that it should have all heads able to get access. This would grant Gateway access to the CMO, CE, and Pathfinder.

I plan on putting a PR regarding this up in the near future, so I am wondering if there are any further thoughts on this?
Nanaki

Postby Mewchild » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 am

As a HoS player, the main reason I advocate and agree for HoS gateway access is simply this. When a gateway opens, it's not just a one way portal- it's a doorway. Things can come through from either end. It's happened multiple times in the past where we've gotten a CC announcement about the gateway activating, only to find the ready room packed with hostiles that have poured through the rift. I feel all heads should have access to the area, but the pathfinder isn't a head. The gateway is another tier above the shuttle expeditions, as, again, things can come back through and present a threat to the station- which is why the area is locked to command. I don't feel that gateway expeditions should be organized without an RD or CD in charge.
Mewchild

Previous

Return to General Discussion