Why do I post ideas?

Post stupid threads, fight about politics, discuss philosophy, laugh at dank memes, complain about Net Neutrality being violated (again), just talk about whatever silly or serious nonsense you want.
Forum rules
Some of this forum is silly, some is serious. Don't be that guy who comes in and derails a calm political discussion with a bunch of stupid memes, and don't be that guy who tries to make a serious discussion where one doesn't exist. Also, if you post something deemed inflammatory and offensive, we're going to remove it.

Re: Why do I post ideas?

Postby Molenar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Something I might suggest is actually explain the idea simply before making some over complicated lore sheet for something we don't understand yet. make sure it's core concept is understood, then add lore. otherwise you bind it too much to the premade lore and it might make it harder to grasp. This is specifically thinking of the Xenomorph thing and the soulvore thing, as they were initially presented as some kind of Ic type report.

Fluff is nice but we need to understand what's beneath the fluff first.
Molenar

Postby warbrand2 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:58 pm

ok... yeah I will work on it... for now trying to repurpose all the shit I did make.

hmm wonder if the bar needs another mixed drink... could make the crystal glass useful.

ok attempt at simple

a mixed drink idea

acid drop
made from: mountain breeze[3 units], vodka [2units] milk [1 unit]
effect: same as most drinks moderate alcohol level.
description: a drink with the consistency of xeno acid but the taste of soda.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Molenar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:21 pm

That seems interesting
Molenar

I am an idiot.

Postby warbrand2 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:22 pm

Sorry for the bump of this and the asshole behavior on my end.... just going through a mental break as of late... and not a small one.

Lost my job last month, though had a second one lined up but was fired half way through training cause they did not think I could handle the job. In their words it was to fast pased for me. After talking with them found that if they had slots opening during the slower days I would still have a job but they didn't so yeah lost one job got another and instantly lost it.

This may seem like a get up and try again thing but for me getting a job is a bit harder then normal. I live in the middle of nowhere can't move as that requires money, as such I am stuck... thankfully my parents will deal with me for a while but I don't know how long that will last and I feel like I am just a drain on them and the rest of the family. I also am classified as mentaly disabled by the government do to a paperwork error and I have to explain that to every job I apply for many just toss out the app cause of that. It is a typo and one that I have been trying to get fixed for a while... but apparently refiling a single paper is impossible for kansas state government....

yeah ranting sorry. long story sort I am sort of degrading mentally do to life being shit... as such I have no clue what to do and am just taking it out on everything.
I think to much.

warbrand2

Postby orbisa » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:59 pm

I stick with my initial suggestion. Small things first, then go to big things. Most people have to struggle with big problems, in the same vein, my advice is to first tackle the small problems to be able to tackle the big ones when the time comes. There will be a better tomorrow, but you have to start somewhere to make it better.
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby warbrand2 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:56 pm

eh never could to simple well... I tend to over complicate things.

oh well..
I think to much.

warbrand2

Postby Kayleen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:40 am

If I may, you shouldn't post new threads for every last thing. Just make a single consolidated suggestions thread, a personal one, to dump all your ideas into.
Kayleen

Postby warbrand2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Uh most forums frown on that... Also it makes it harder to get feed back if everything is in one topic. IDeas change and if you just bulk them all together chances of finding flaws with the ideas is low to none or many people will just ignore.
I think to much.

warbrand2

Postby Kayleen » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:32 am

Frown on it? Not really.

If anything, I'd much prefer you create your own megathread, on account of the volume of suggestions you put out. Just post new ideas as new replies.
Kayleen

Previous

Return to Off Topic